Download Enemy Territory: Quake Wars - Beta Client , to fileplanet subscribers

Soldato
I must say I never found ET to be fast paced. It was ok but I never liked the engine that much, didn't find it very responsive, never really liked the effect of firing when moving and you could see the "bullet trail" appearing from where you had just been (Never liked RTCW for that reason either). The teamplay aspect was really good though, but I never got into the game massively.

Associate
The quake 3 engine is 1 of the best game engines ever made.
Kronin my post was'nt aimed at u but just in general and any 1 complaining its not better than bf2.
I think theve got the vehicle balance spot on and just hope they dont change it.

Soldato
The quake 3 engine is, it's just how it was implemented within ET that I didn't like that much. Just found it a bit "spammy". I used to really like true Combat when it first came out, that was snappy and responsive to play.

When are they releasing the next beta keys dammit?!!!!!!

Caporegime
Kezmo said:
I think theve got the vehicle balance spot on and just hope they dont change it.

How exactly can you determine vehicle balance on a map this small? Secondly not all the vehicles are in the beta so how can you say the balance is good?
All ive seen thus far is pretty much most people not bothering with the vehicles, 99% of the time theyre used to get across the map faster and thats it, its rare to see the strogg use the walker that much or even see the titan tank taking on the walker.

Soldato
Hmmm only had a quick go, one minute it's running fine the next it's lagging out badly :( Didn't really have a clue what was going on to start with, and I seem to get owned by the lacerator. Looked good fun though, will have a longer bash at it tonight.

Associate
Gerard said:
How exactly can you determine vehicle balance on a map this small? Secondly not all the vehicles are in the beta so how can you say the balance is good?
All ive seen thus far is pretty much most people not bothering with the vehicles, 99% of the time theyre used to get across the map faster and thats it, its rare to see the strogg use the walker that much or even see the titan tank taking on the walker.

As in the vehicles are'nt over powered and infantry is very good.

Battlefield infantry always felt weak to me, to slow moving and inafective against vehicles, plus all the squabbling over vehicles that happens in bf, u wont get here as the action is fast moving and infantry rocks :)

The vehicles are still useful tho, game i just had the gdf where stuck trying to build the objective, so i spawned back jumped in the tank, cleared out turrets and a few strogs and objective was built..

Last edited:

wnb

wnb

Soldato
Rojin said:
Hmmm only had a quick go, one minute it's running fine the next it's lagging out badly :( Didn't really have a clue what was going on to start with, and I seem to get owned by the lacerator. Looked good fun though, will have a longer bash at it tonight.

Same here, seems good but the lag is bad.

Associate
Gerard said:

you have been on the wrong servers then ;)

Soldato
hmm strange im a paid file planet subscriber yet when i click the offer at the top i only get the option to join file planet today rather than book a key. Im logged in, is there any thing obvious im missing?

Soldato
Chevens said:
hmm strange im a paid file planet subscriber yet when i click the offer at the top i only get the option to join file planet today rather than book a key. Im logged in, is there any thing obvious im missing?

Once you have logged into FilePlanet select your account option on the left of the page. In your account page you should see something relating to beta keys, click and a key could be waiting for you there ;)

Back
Top Bottom