Going Crazy! Asus Striker

Soldato
Having problems with my PC. I have Asus Striker & a X6800.

Ever since i purchased the Striker (Biggest mistake and waste of money! Grr :mad: !) i have never been happy with it, random crashing on startup, failing to start up etc etc.

Now my PC wont even Post - no beeps nothing. Fans spinning as usual but nothing. I have tried everything! Remove RAM, Clear CMOS, Remove Battery, Different RAM, Remove all PCI Cards, Reseat CPU, Reseat GFX, Reseat Motherboard, Unplug Hardrives etc etc. I can now only assume that the Motherboard is dead (Yay!) :p

Before i demolish this board with lots of C4 explosives, does anyone have a idea?

Soldato
OP
X6800 at Stock
G.Skill 2GB DDR2 HZ PC2-6400C4
Corsair 620W
8800 GTX BFG
5 Hard Drives

I have changed the memory with some Corsair, Cellshock, Geil and OCZ.

James

Associate
I had a problem with my striker extreme and it turned out to be the BIOS chip had fried itself. From what I've been reading this seems to be a very common problem so I wouldn't be surprised if was on the striker as well.

Soldato
OP
The LCD Screen on the I/O Plate is saying CPU Init which is normal but shouldn't it show a error?

I think i will send it back to Asus for a replacement and then sell it.

Associate
Talbs13 said:
The LCD Screen on the I/O Plate is saying CPU Init which is normal but shouldn't it show a error?

I think i will send it back to Asus for a replacement and then sell it.

Yeah thats the bios FUBAR. When i managed to screw mine up all it said was CPU Init.

Soldato
OP
I have took out all the hard drives and still the same. It has been running fine with 5 hard drives. I have tried other Power Supplies such as the BFG 800 and the OCZ 700 from other machines but still the same. I have put in a Asus 7300GT instead of the GTX and nothing.

James

Back
Top Bottom