Your all wrong.

He's got to run up to her and say..

" OMFG I want to overclock you baby till you BSOD "

Someone said it ages ago on here and it had me in stitches :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Just say " Hi there, would you like a drink ? "

Soldato
LordSplodge said:
I find humour works well. Difficult to use this in a club, but clubs aren't brilliant places to meet ladies. Good places to get laid with some easy girl ;)

Eye contact, be yourself, don't stare at her boobies and listen. It isn't easy but once you have don't it a few times (and crashed and burned a few times) it should come easier...

Thats good advice,i hate clubs. The girl im seeing justnow thought i said i was 20.....i thought she said she was 18 and so on. I was absolutely melted but got there in the end. Bars are where its at for actually conversing with a girl and being able to see what they look like in the light. :eek:

Soldato
be comfortable with yourself. even if you think you're the ugliest thing on earth just be comfortable and realise that there is nothing you can do about it so dont worry about it.

i am unfortunately folically challenged and so i have a #1 hair cut but when it grows it shows. my newest gf finds the fact that i dont worry about my hair one of my more attractive qualities and so in turn makes me feel good. :) so its not about looks.... :)

my ex was the same as well, she liked my appearance and the fact i wasnt hung up on anything.

once you get this sorted then just talk to a girl... even if its just an ice breaker of 'hi, how are you?' etc make a bit of chat and introduce yourself, then make an excuse and leave. next time you see her then you can say 'hi xxxx hows it going?' etc and strike up a proper conversation. gets their attention more i find if you're not trying it on from the off. girls seem to love a challenge as much as the lads. :)

next up just listen and ask questions about their interests.... if theyre into painting, ask them what type, sort, favourite artist, inspiration etc. ask leading questions, not ones where the only answer is yes or no. awkward silences will follow i assure you. i know. ;)

this is coming from a guy who is crap with women as well so i know your pain. :)

Permabanned
Save yourself the hassle of finding a woman, getting engaged, getting married etc....

Just find a girl you hate and give her your house and rights to half your future earnings. :p

Soldato
Jonny ///M said:
Thats good advice,i hate clubs. The girl im seeing justnow thought i said i was 20.....i thought she said she was 18 and so on. I was absolutely melted but got there in the end. Bars are where its at for actually conversing with a girl and being able to see what they look like in the light. :eek:

See, I can give good advice - just not when it comes to choosing a bike! :p

In my younger days I woke up with a few ladies who looked far worse in daylight. Old, married and boring now.

Permabanned
doublehelix2 said:
I'm a little socially inept, and have a big problem with talking to girls. What exactly should I talk about when I meet one, say, in a club or bar? I'm thinking if I start talking about my latest build, it may kill my chances. Should I try to be funny, or just act casual? What has worked for you?

Just be your self dont use chat up lines and be nice ;)

Soldato
love the way people say 'hot chicks' :p

another suggestion, you might find it useful is to try chatting to anyone you know that is female via msn as it may help you to structure a conversation as opposed to jump in at the deep end. very different to an msn convo with you mates where you talk about beer poo's and fast cars. Usually if theyve been working you can say 'ohh thats no fun' or just try and give answers that are open as opposed to closed that allow conversation to flow onwards. Once you have the skills to have a written conversation as such then you can build the confidense to actually say those things face to face :) the main advantage is you dont have to reply straight away, and any akward silences you dont have to endure face to face, you can say you were busy or something.

Thats the way i'd go about it. Just dont bore them with topics that they wont find interesting!

Benny C

Last edited:
Soldato
doublehelix2 said:
I'm a little socially inept, and have a big problem with talking to girls. What exactly should I talk about when I meet one, say, in a club or bar? I'm thinking if I start talking about my latest build, it may kill my chances. Should I try to be funny, or just act casual? What has worked for you?

talking to females should be as easy as talking to males, but for some its not.
the difference is that nerves and fear are a barrier { nervous about saying the wrong thing, fear that she will dislike you } , and they become a barrier because there is something to lose, unlike speaking to a male { its sex you know} .

the best way is to talk to a female without expecting to gain anything out of it but a conversation, { i bet you can hold a conversation fine, with girls you don't fancy}.

eye contact is important but not too much, look down occasionally { not at her teets} and back at her.

but really you need to conquer the source element , and that is fear . fear of not being liked. to do that, don't expect anything to come out of it at all, and if it does, then thats a bonus.

Soldato
LordSplodge said:
See, I can give good advice - just not when it comes to choosing a bike! :p

In my younger days I woke up with a few ladies who looked far worse in daylight. Old, married and boring now.

Damn,we have all been there. I opted for the "get the **** out there" approach and walked through glagsow at 5am just to get away from some nutter one night.

You can give good advice on bikes but i just feel you have an obsession with GT bikes,a la the latest post in the bike pics thread. :p

I like Gt bike,sold a good few aggresor/avalanche 2.0 and idrive xcr5s but im now officially a specialized fanboy. :D

Man of Honour
doublehelix2 said:
Sadly, this isn't a wind up. There are some good suggestions, I will try and take them on board. Is there a difference between talking to women in general and whilst you are in a bar/club?
In a bar or club, the chances are that you'll be just another man in a stream of men who have tried to chat them up. If not that night, then some other nights.

It sounds great to have people coming to chat you up, and no doubt it is to begin with, but I'm sure you can see how it would become annoying quite quickly. It's like being famous - to begin with, when people recognise you, come up to you in the street and ask for your autograph it's brilliant, but after the first few hundred times it's just a monumental pain in the arse and they're intruding on your life.

So in a bar or club they're more likely to be irritated by yet another man approaching them. They're already be predisposed to shoo you away. Maybe nicely, maybe nastily.

Forget the "talking to women" idea, that's my advice. Talk to individuals instead. Each person is different. You have to be yourself, as that's the only person you are. Anything else is an act and unless you're very good at it, people will notice.

Although I did see some words of wisdom from a child about what people do on a first date: "On the first date, they just tell each other lies, and that usually gets them interested enough to go for a second date."

Back
Top Bottom