307bhp golf gti

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Your Golf is really nice m8 after seeing it in the flesh, the 30th Edition is a real nice bit of kit. Its certainly made it a rather quick car that remap. :)

Soldato
Can't see the vid as I'm in work but is it a mk5 GTI 30th Anni? If so they're lush! Theres a red one in our works car park :) Got scratched from front to back in the first couple weeks he had it :(

Edit - It got scratched at home not at work obviously.

OcUK Staff
Luke15 said:
I thought it was 160, not 180 :eek:

Hi there

Nope its getting upto approx 177-178mph speedo indicated, take into account the speedo might be out but even if its out quite a bit its still over 160mph.

Its pretty crazy when you consider that hot hatches these days can now hit around 170mph. Or at least with a few hundred quid thrown at them anyway in the form of a remap. :eek:

I timed its 60-130mph at 15s, again speedo indicated but still thats rather damn rapid. I think in fact thats as quick if not quicker than an M3 E46. :eek:

OcUK Staff
-Neil- said:
Can't really see that amount of power through the front wheels being fun, 190 is more than enough fun in mine.

Neil.

Hi there I think the car had 230BHP as standard and it coped fine then and Matt tells me its not too much trouble now as long as you put it down properly, just needs a bit of throttle control. :)
But agreed for 300+ BHP then RWD or AWD is preferred.

OcUK Staff
Bobbler said:
Christ that is impressive for a remap, I thought mine was good, but that's outstanding

Hi there

What impresses me most is this is a hot hatch and all its had done is a remap, that has not cost the earth.

I can imagine many upset people when a Golf GTi all of a sudden leaves them from dust and believe you me Matt has great fun in doing so. :)

Soldato
That’s a very impressive power gain however that’s just a ridiculous amount of power for a frontWD car, A remaped S3 has about the same power output but is Quattro

Soldato
The speedo gets more accurate again after 150, gearing in 6th at 7k is 184mph he isn't that fair off 7k as the redline is 6.5k so I would say its doing a little over a real 170mph.

The traction control light is on the speedo side and it doesn't even kick in once on the run (when its off its lit all the time) so its getting the power down pretty well although he is holding back a bit on the throttle in 1st and 2nd.

Its exactly the same engine thats in the new S3 they just came with different maps from the factory.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Dangerous Dave said:
The speedo gets more accurate again after 150, gearing in 6th at 7k is 184mph he isn't that fair off 7k as the redline is 6.5k so I would say its doing a little over a real 170mph.

The traction control light is on the speedo side and it doesn't even kick in once on the run (when its off its lit all the time) so its getting the power down pretty well although he is holding back a bit on the throttle in 1st and 2nd.

Its exactly the same engine thats in the new S3 they just came with different maps from the factory.

Hi there

Like I say its mighty impressive. Imagine been in your M3 and having it pull away from or even worse be pulling away in an M5 to only be passed when your limiter kicks in. Now I know why Matt has such a laugh because he upsets so many people in that Golf. I still find it amazing that a hot hatch can hit 175mph, thats just something you would not expect from a Golf. :)

In fact realisticly it might not be quick enough to pull away from an M3 above 100 but there would not be much in it, just that Golf keeps going not having a limiter in place.

Back
Top Bottom