BF2 - what has happened in the last 9 months

Associate
Infantry only... whats the point?... go play CSS, the game was meant to be played with the vehicles, although it is annoying at times on maps like Sharqi where you get helis raping noobs, but if they used some tactics they can take them down, if I join a server with noobs on my team I usually just disconnect its not worth it.

Soldato
Spetznaz said:
Infantry only... whats the point?... go play CSS, the game was meant to be played with the vehicles, although it is annoying at times on maps like Sharqi where you get helis raping noobs, but if they used some tactics they can take them down, if I join a server with noobs on my team I usually just disconnect its not worth it.

Inf onyl got me hooked on it, CS:S? No way its way too slow, too small scale, and its not about capturing points, no fps game can be as good as inf only strike @ karkand in bf2.

Soldato
snowdog said:
Inf onyl got me hooked on it, CS:S? No way its way too slow, too small scale, and its not about capturing points, no fps game can be as good as inf only strike @ karkand in bf2.

Strike at Karkand is my favourite map though id say the thrill of defeating a tank at close quarters is one of the main thrills along with the relentless fight for control points.

Permabanned
Megahurtz400 said:
The most boring BF2 experience ever.

I spent 10 mins walking across the map cus i didnt have 'driver' or 'pilot' class to get one shotted and have to do it again.

Waste of HDD imo.

What he said.

Project Reality is for people who cant kill in one shot. And just makes it boring.

Associate
Spetznaz said:

How about no? Most of the time vehicles are just annoying, idiots ramming you with jihad jeeps, tk’ing for planes and choppers. Give me an inf only server any day, much prefer it.

Soldato
Can't believe the negativity towards Project Reality!

Think of Desert Combat but more realistic, with focus on team play (must join a squad to succeed - often kicked from server if not in squad), no crosshairs, more stragegy (can't cap flags in any order, etc.

I still play BF2 Desert Combat every so often to feed my thirst for bombing, tanks shooting, etc but PR is where it is at for teamplay!

Associate
Vanilla said:
Can't believe the negativity towards Project Reality!

I can't believe the amount of peeps who recommend this mod you mean people actually play this for longer than 10mins without uninstalling it? not my cup of tea and runs like a dog.

rtk

rtk

Associate
BF2 stats are so hit n miss at the moment, my last game i played i recieved no points for, but the previous two i got points!

Sorry to rant, just annoys me when we pay for a game with realtime stats incl in the price!

Associate
ive just downloaded PR and had a game (although i suck at it atm) its made bf2 much more interesting.i only played it a few times before and found it far to arcady.It is lots like ghost recon but its still bf2.i must say its far more enjoyable for me

Associate
Inf only Karkand is one of the best BF2 experiences that it is possible to have.
Absolutely cracking.
Jala is great fun, but it becomes a massive snipe fest on the ground between the US main starting base and the first MEC mini base thing.

The reason I stopped playing on vehicle servers was stat whores.
people just camping in a tank or BTR and raping people purely for kill streak or class badges.

Arty spam was really annoying, and Wake Island is just frustrating when you are playing on a server with a ton of jet whores who use joysticks and generally massacre everyone while hardly dying themselves

Still inf only city mpas are great fun - Sharqi, Jala, karkand, Mash, all good.
Gulf of Oman is quite fun too

Back
Top Bottom