postage question

Permabanned
Hi guys

Brought something off the bay that stated special delivery, got the parcel today and didn't have to sign for it.... but the postage sticker say's SP

Now i was wondering does SP stand for..
#1 Special parcel (and the posty has taken off the sticker
#2 Standard Parcel?

obviously if he sent it standard parcel im gonna ask for a refund on some of the £20 i paid for delivery :rolleyes:

Soldato
SP is standard parcels and is a fair bit cheaper (i.e i had the option when sending something of SP or SD (special delivery) the difference was around £10; luckily I had told the buyer that I was going to send it via Standard Parcels

Soldato
Yep "sp" is definately standard parcel. Special delivery have "sd" on the white postage label plus blue stickers as previously said....see enough of them every day (except yesterday of course!!!)

Soldato
You know that people but inflated postage on items so that they can beat some of the EBay charges and in theory keep the price down to you don't you?
I've bought items before where the item has been say £5 but I've paid £20 in delivery.
The £25 is still a bargain, however the seller only pays out on the £5 sale rather than the £25.
EBay try to cut down on this, but they can't monitor every single auction.

Also at the end of the day you knew what the postage was before you wont he aution.
If it then doesn't cost that much to send then to be frank, tough - the seller has just made a little more profit on the deal.
I sell a fair amount of stuff and I know the memory modules I sell cost £4 for Special Delivery, the same every time, it doesn't stop me from charging £6 for the service though.

I'm also not exactly forced to use the service I advertised, however by not doing so it is me (the seller) who is taking the risk.
If I advertise something at £10 Special Delivery and then send it £2 standard - well should the item get damaged or lost then I'll be the one who ends out of pocket.
If I'd stuck to the agreed Special Delivery I'd see compensation on the whole amount.

Expect the seller to "politely tell you no" when you ask for your refund and I'm afraid quite rightly so.

Soldato
stoofa said:
I'm also not exactly forced to use the service I advertised, however by not doing so it is me (the seller) who is taking the risk.
If I advertise something at £10 Special Delivery and then send it £2 standard - well should the item get damaged or lost then I'll be the one who ends out of pocket.
If I'd stuck to the agreed Special Delivery I'd see compensation on the whole amount.

Expect the seller to "politely tell you no" when you ask for your refund and I'm afraid quite rightly so.

Well then you'd get negative feedback from me then. If you advertised that you'd send via Special Delivery, and I paid £10 for that service, but it turned up via 1st class recorded and cost you £1.50, I'd be pretty miffed.

You advertise a service, so therefore you should send it the way you said you would. Charging £6 for SD, when it only costs you £4 is fair enough, but to use a different service than the one the person thought they'd get, is just taking the ****.

Man of Honour
Mikeyboy said:
Well then you'd get negative feedback from me then. If you advertised that you'd send via Special Delivery, and I paid £10 for that service, but it turned up via 1st class recorded and cost you £1.50, I'd be pretty miffed.

I agree, it's also false advertising, saying you'll send special delivery and charging more, but still send special delivery is one thing.

Saying you'll send special delivery and send it standard is stupid and you would get a 1 star for the postage feedback.

Back
Top Bottom