307bhp golf gti

Man of Honour
beast said:
300bhp from a remap? :rolleyes: sorry not convinced

It's certainly possible, as the GTi 30 ed isn't that different from the S3 engine wise, and the S3 will easily remap to 300bp from the 261 it has as stock. It's a bigger jump from the GTi to 300bhp, but not outrageously so.

I'd probably say the S3 is the better car to do this to though, especially as the haldex has been tweaked to provide power to the back wheels as well as the front most of the time :)

Associate
I have a 2007 S3 and I have to say that the stock bhp makes it really shift with the 4wd keeping the power on the road.
The ED30 and the S3 have the same strengthened engine components so the remaps from both cars should give the same output. Not quite the same driving experience in the wet though when pushing it a bit going round a corner!
A few people have had the remap done on here:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=44

Outputs of over 300bhp are easily possible.
As the S3 remaps are still in their infancy I will wait to see which company produces the best overall package before thinking about it for my motor.

PeterT

Man of Honour
PeterT said:
I have a 2007 S3 and I have to say that the stock bhp makes it really shift with the 4wd keeping the power on the road.
The ED30 and the S3 have the same strengthened engine components so the remaps from both cars should give the same output. Not quite the same driving experience in the wet though when pushing it a bit going round a corner!
A few people have had the remap done on here:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=44

Outputs of over 300bhp are easily possible.
As the S3 remaps are still in their infancy I will wait to see which company produces the best overall package before thinking about it for my motor.

PeterT

2007 S3's rock :) Well, apart from the comedy fuel consumption when cold... :)

I might eventually consider a remap on mine, not yet though.

Associate
OP
well like gibbo says the best fun i have is shooting past people in there evo's and subaru's got more plans for this car (might have to get a new speedo)

1. forge custom made cold air intake ( +10-12 bhp )

2. new dump valve ( will bring the 0-60 and pick up donw a few 100's sec)

3. new custom made intercooler ( currenly being made now + 25bhp )

4. miltec free flow exhuste system (being devloped for my car now )

so should give me around 355 bhp in the end :)

Man of Honour
mattio1980 said:
well like gibbo says the best fun i have is shooting past people in there evo's and subaru's got more plans for this car (might have to get a new speedo)

Sounds like a nice project :)

Soldato
Yes the Ed30 Golf have the de-tuned Audi S3 spec engine with the larger turbo, standard BHP in the S3 is approx 265BHP, so 307BHP with a remap is about right.

Soldato
mattio1980 said:

Wont all that invalidate your warranty?

Soldato
Rather keen dyno on superchips site though. Standard Ed30 power is 227. Superchips RR'd it at 244. Then remapped it to 307.

Does seem a bit much....but hey, I wouldn't totally discount it. Would like to see another RR graph in comparison.

I would discount a 180mph top end though. You do realise what kind of power is required for cars above 150mph? Drag becomes a big factor, and you need massive amounts of power for small increases in speed.

OcUK Staff
Matmulder said:
Rather keen dyno on superchips site though. Standard Ed30 power is 227. Superchips RR'd it at 244. Then remapped it to 307.

Does seem a bit much....but hey, I wouldn't totally discount it. Would like to see another RR graph in comparison.

I would discount a 180mph top end though. You do realise what kind of power is required for cars above 150mph? Drag becomes a big factor, and you need massive amounts of power for small increases in speed.

Hi there

Even is his speedo is out he was still hitting 170mph or damn close to it which in all honesty seems pretty spot on. The BMW 130i which has 265BHP will reach circa 165mph with the limiter removed so it does not seem impossible for a new Golf with 300BHP to see 170ish. :)

Soldato
Just to add that my Golf GTI speedo is out by 10mph+ above 110 or so with GPS verification. Easiest way is to find out the gearboxes final drive and work it out from there.

It's still a very rapid GTI!

Soldato
Gibbo said:
Hi there

Even is his speedo is out he was still hitting 170mph or damn close to it which in all honesty seems pretty spot on. The BMW 130i which has 265BHP will reach circa 165mph with the limiter removed so it does not seem impossible for a new Golf with 300BHP to see 170ish. :)
Golf GTI 200PS - 146MPH
Golt GTI Edition 30 230PS - 152MPH

They are Volkswagen figures.

Consider the formula: cubedroot(newhp/oldhp)*oldspeed=newspeed

cubedroot(230/200)*146=152.9 MPH

So that formula is sorta reliable.

Assuming 300PS-

cubedroot(300/230)*152=166 MPH

So 165-167 realistically.

Soldato
The_Dark_Side said:

I think he means generally a remap is a remapping of the fuelling and perhaps some ignition advance.

These so called remaps arent just that but a big dose of boost aswell. Theres never a hope in hell a normal remap will give you gains of that sort.

Soldato
Bear said:
I think he means generally a remap is a remapping of the fuelling and perhaps some ignition advance.

These so called remaps arent just that but a big dose of boost aswell. Theres never a hope in hell a normal remap will give you gains of that sort.
on a NA car? absolutely.
FI cars are a different kettle of worms however.
usually it's the max flow rate the injectors can handle than limits the gains to be had by just "chipping".

Soldato
The_Dark_Side said:
on a NA car? absolutely.
FI cars are a different kettle of worms however.
usually it's the max flow rate the injectors can handle than limits the gains to be had by just "chipping".

Not really you can remap a turbo car just like an NA car with no changes in spec and get a bit of a gain. Generally remaps are done because you've changed something therefore its being mapped for "x" be it exhaust, filters, more boost etc. To say a remap can get you 80bhp increase isnt telling the whole story. Remapped for 8 psi of extra boost then yes its believable, a remap in itself gets you naf all.

Soldato
Bear said:
Not really you can remap a turbo car just like an NA car with no changes in spec and get a bit of a gain. Generally remaps are done because you've changed something therefore its being mapped for "x" be it exhaust, filters, more boost etc. To say a remap can get you 80bhp increase isnt telling the whole story. Remapped for 8 psi of extra boost then yes its believable, a remap in itself gets you naf all.
i was agreeing with you.
:confused:

Back
Top Bottom