• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

HIS RMA Order History

Associate
Has anyone had to RMA their HIS video card due to a fault, if so can you tell me how long you had to wait for your replacemtn because i sent my card (HIS 1950PRO 512MB REV 2 GDDR3 AGP)back. Its nearly been a month now and OCuk still state we are waiting for a replacement from our manufacturer.

All help is greatly appreciated thanx!

Soldato
Well, I sent an X800 XT back to HIS and never got it back. They claim it got lost even though tracking shows it arrived at their H.Q. I just wrote it off eventually, haven't got the time to file claims / chase up Royal Mail.

Most stories I've heard about HIS RMA talk in timescales of months rather than weeks to receive replacements.

Does that help?

Permabanned
I had a 'faulty' HIS X2900XT sent back not long ago, the thing is I requested a refund and that way you can order again, more flexibility, phone them up and see if you can change it to a refund instead of replace and that way you wouldn't have to wait for the manufacturer.

Soldato
I would ring up the shop like has been said, over 30 days is totally unacceptable - see if you can get a refund then you can order a new graphics card.

Let us know how you get on.

Associate
OP
hmm that seems totally unacceptable that someone can get their replacement in a week or two weeks and ive been waiting over a month. Thanks guys for all the support :) . Shall i just ring OCuk now and explain?

Soldato
Bunyan said:
hmm that seems totally unacceptable that someone can get their replacement in a week or two weeks and ive been waiting over a month. Thanks guys for all the support :) . Shall i just ring OCuk now and explain?
Yes definitly, make sure you get your point across as well & don't get fobbed off. :)

Caporegime
Mate of mine waited over 9 weeks for a replacement from HIS, if you have had the card longer than 28 days then thats the norm, OcUK are right, they have sent the card back to the manufacturer (HIS), and are now awaiting the replacement, it could take over a month, inside the 28 days then OcUK would have just sent you a replacement straight away, which you would have had in a few days, all you can do is get OcUK to chase it up for you with HIS. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
LoadsaMoney said:
Mate of mine waited over 9 weeks for a replacement from HIS, if you have had the card longer than 28 days then thats the norm, OcUK are right, they have sent the card back to the manufacturer (HIS), and are now awaiting the replacement, it could take over a month, inside the 28 days then OcUK would have just sent you a replacement straight away, which you would have had in a few days, all you can do is get OcUK to chase it up for you with HIS. :)
Sorry but thats totally unacceptable, waiting 9 weeks for a graphics card meaning your unable to use for your gaming pleasure etc is wrong, HIS is in Hong Kong it usually takes about 1 week to send something their visa versa I woudnt expect to wait no more than 3 weeks maximum.

Give OcUK a ring & let us know what they say, your have consumer rights over the 28days anyway.

http://www.dti.gov.uk/consumers/fact-sheets/page38311.html

Caporegime
I agree its totally unacceptable, but thats how long you can wait for a manufacturer RMA, if you get it within a week or so then your very lucky.

When you phone these guys up all they will say is 'we will contact the manufacturer to find out whats happening' whch they will do as my mate got his card from these guys, its all OcUK can do is keep contacting them im afraid.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I just really can hope it will hurry up, its summer AND I WANT TO GAME :). Games on a Geforce 5200FX ultra low 800,600 have never looked so good on my system lol. Please god, bring the x1950 back...

Soldato
Im a total of 18days back to the manufacturer now. This is not with OCuK and the company it has been sent to for repair is Point of View, now can I count the week it sat in a queue to get tested as days? :p

I was told 28days after it was sent to the manufacturer which I believe is standard practice, after that however all hell will break loose :)

Associate
I really wish people would get their facts straight.

I went through this exact situation recently.

Was over 28 days since I bought it from retailer.
Was told I had to wait 28 days for manufacturer repair.
28 days came and went, we then told that I had to wait for replacement from manufacturer.
Mentioned that this was against the Sales of Goods act.
Retailer didn't care.
Had to take them to small claims court to get my money back.

The law states that your contract for the repair is with the RETAILER not the MANUFACTURER. Anything the retailer tells you about having to wait for the manufacturer isn't necessarily the whole truth. Understand your rights and the Law, talk to consumer direct if you don't believe me - they are there to help (0845 4 04 05 06).

Don't put up with it, 28 days is way more than 'Reasonable' time for a replacement or repair. Demand a replacement or refund and stick to your guns. You can start small claims online now - only costs a little, and you get it back if you win (which you will, unless you are a complete dofus).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom