Dell 2007, i know theres other threads.. but

Soldato
I'm getting a xbox 360 really soon, and i thought i should get a nice screen to go with it, Im currently with a hanns g 19inch widescreen but you obviously cant connect to a 360.

However im guessing the dell 2007 can, so therefore im really interested in purchasing this 2007, is it worth the money?

Also how much can i get out of the hanns g if i sold it?

Soldato
Dell 2007WFP, absolutely blinding screen. :)

Personally i'm in a bit of a dilemma. I put up a thread asking "What 20/22" screen" and then after all that, decided on the Dell.

Now i'm wondering if I should dent my savings for the 2407WFP. :D

Soldato
You can connect your 19" widescreen to the 360, just get the MS VGA cable. However I'm guessing the screen only has a single VGA input and no DVI, so you'll be swapping the lead over when you want to switch between PC and 360. You can get round that with a KVM switch though which lets you switch between two VGA inputs.

The Dell is a great screen though.

Never heard of the 8800 1680*1050 resolution bug. Maybe ask someone on the graphics card forum about it. If it's just a driver bug I'm sure it'll get fixed sooner or later.

Might get £60 for the old monitor, maybe a bit more on the bay.

Soldato
Acutally, according to the specs, the Hans-G 19" widescreen has both DVI and VGA, so use VGA for the 360 and DVI for your PC. Sorted. VGA is the best and only way to connect a 360 to most PC monitors.

Try the 360 on your 19" before you decide to buy a new monitor.

Soldato
I have a couple of 2007WFPs and they're great, both connected via DVI, my 360 is connected to the secondary monitor via an MS VGA lead.

The 360 looks fantastic through it, especially with the new VGA update. By setting the 2007WFP image mode to 'multimedia' the colours are even more vibrant.

I had a Samsung 26" HDTV before and despite the difference in size, the Dell has definately matched it for image quality.

Soldato
OP
ok thanks, i hope my 19inch will be fine, providing i actually get my 360 :(

I think i may be getting scammed since he stopped contacting as soon as i paid plus he just got a negative feed back today complaining that someones wii still hasn't arrived.

Soldato
I loved my 360 on my 2007WFP till the 360 broke, took it back and got a full refund (and on a game I didn't even take back!!!!) Waiting for the elite now, hoping that they dont die like the old ones hehe.

Soldato
shimy182 said:
I think i may be getting scammed since he stopped contacting as soon as i paid plus he just got a negative feed back today complaining that someones wii still hasn't arrived.
Sounds dodgy. Did the seller have a high feedback score and a high number of transactions? Of course they might have just gone on holiday or something.

Soldato
Dunno if you'll quality for any sort of ebay protection on your transaction but it's worth looking into, and certainly make a complaint. His reason for not wanting to use paypal don't sound convincing so that might have made me suspicious. Try contacting the people who have left negative feedback for him and see what their stories are, they might be able to help. Have you checked out the feedback he's left for other people, talk about abusive :eek:

Failing all else phone the cops (once you're sure about exactly what's happened). That might not be his address but he must have been able to use it to collect the POs/cash, so it might be possible for the cops to find him.

Back
Top Bottom