spec me an ipod replacement

Associate
my 3g 40gb has gone **** up

what is a good replacement? £150 ish

the 8gb nano and 30gig ipod vid are ok I suppose. I'm not that fussed about video as I mostly use it in the car. No less than 8 gig but I always found 40 gig too big to fill with stuff i want to listen to.

the only things I like about the ipod is the useability of the wheel, especially when driving and podcasts via itunes.

Permabanned
ArchAnGeL said:
the only things I like about the ipod is the useability of the wheel, especially when driving and podcasts via itunes.
Get another iPod then tbh, I've used my mates Zen Vision a few times and the interface is like an uglier version of the iPod one.

Plus the navigation is horrible I think the buttons feel odd and the touch type thing it has feels crap I thought, not a patch on the iPod.

Sound quality wise I didn't hear much difference, he had more treble though. (Had a few of the same songs on his player)

Soldato
I would never recommend the Ipod for sound quality as their are far superior products on the Market today.

if you are looking for a color screen Mp4/Mp3 player that has lots of features and a nice touch screen i would get a Cowon D2, my dad has one and its a very slick player, theirs a deal on www.advancedmp3players.com 4gb D2 with a 4gb SD card, i would recommend that over an ipod any day.

http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk...dio_D2_4GB_MP3_Player___4GB_SD_Card.2066.html

worth every penny in my opinion.

Associate
OP
Sinny said:
I would never recommend the Ipod for sound quality as their are far superior products on the Market today.

if you are looking for a color screen Mp4/Mp3 player that has lots of features and a nice touch screen i would get a Cowon D2, my dad has one and its a very slick player, theirs a deal on www.advancedmp3players.com 4gb D2 with a 4gb SD card, i would recommend that over an ipod any day.

http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk...dio_D2_4GB_MP3_Player___4GB_SD_Card.2066.html

tempted, looks quite good. Does the touch screen operate by finger or stylus only (not ideal for in the car)

Permabanned
ArchAnGeL said:
I have ordered the d2 based on some excellent site and customer reviews. the 50+ hours battery helped as well.
Yeah I'm considering one later this year when I'm back at college, can't be doing with the iPod in the gym.

Associate
Those little players look pretty good. I'm tempted to get one and use the internal memory until the 16gb sd hc cards become mainstream. Anyone know when that is likely to be?

aaazza

Soldato
Sinny said:

there's nothing wrong with the ipods sound quality if you have decent enough headphones to pair with it, it's not poor just more neutral versus other players.

ipods do benefit greatly from some amplification howerver, with cheap headphones i'd probably pick a cowon/iriver player though for the more boosted/forward sound.

no-one comes close to the ipod interface either.

Associate
I'm so happy to see some Cowon backing going on here. I've been a lover of Cowon products for years, eagerly awaiting the Cowon Q5 to be released in Europe. I currently use the Cowon A2, such an amazing PMP, it has everything you want and great codec support.

Spread the Cowon word.

Back
Top Bottom