Colchester Zoo trip

Associate
Well, having just taken delivery of a nice 24-135 IS USM lens (cheers Starscream ;) ) i decided to take a trip to Colchester zoo today to see what i could snap. Have been away from the camera for sometime but now trying to get back into it again.

Shooting was difficult as most of the enclosures are glass fronted. Dirt on the glass combined with a bright sun and reflections meant some good shots were lost :(

All C & C apprieciated!

main.php

main.php

main.php

Associate
drunken fool said:
Re the processing, i thought the colors were ok, but maybe that is my screen. Will have another play with them. What would people suggest?
There was a yellow cast, a quick tweak of the blue curve removed it. I then brightened and then boosted contrast a touch, added a small amount of saturation and sharpened up a little. Also tried to brighten the eyes slightly but that would be easier to do on the high res image.

lions.jpg

Its not always easy in zoo's but I find getting any obvious signs of man made enclosure can kill a shot so be careful of that next time, also try for more catch lights in the eyes, without them animals can look 'stuffed'! Good stuff though, look forward to more.

Back
Top Bottom