What A Mess

Soldato
I go to Phones4u on Saturday to pickup my N95 for free..

1) They wont give it for free unless I take out an insurance careplan, I had my arm twisted up my back.

2) I get my 1st bill today off Orange, to realise I've been put on Canary £30 when I said in the P4U store specifically for Dolphin £35

3) The money is due to be extracted on July 20, should I cancel now do I still have to pay?

Enoughs enough, I like the phone but it is quite expensive on these priceplans.

What is my cooling off period? I was told 14 days by the air head in the store, all she rambled on about was her holiday. And that she wouldn't be happy to see me return this handset should I need to :rolleyes:

Associate
They will probably charge you a percentage of the months line rental ie 14 days worth... :(

Unless you switch to another tariff with Orange, then you can carry it over and change phones etc if you want to ...

Soldato
Tupac said:
I shouldn't have to pay if I didn't get the product/service I asked for :(
Wasn't Orange's fault though, blame phones 4u! You can get a free n95 directly from orange for £35 a month im sure!?!

Associate
No but their answer to that will be that you should have checked the contract before you signed and you have continued to use the phone.

Try phoning them and explaining the situation, they may switch you over to the other tariff that you originally wanted...

Soldato
Tupac said:
I entirely point the finger at P4U, can I blag my way out of payment though?
Yeah probably, customer service ops can be generous about things like that, especially if they see you haven't use the phone at all.

Soldato
Ak!ta said:
No but their answer to that will be that you should have checked the contract before you signed and you have continued to use the phone.

Try phoning them and explaining the situation, they may switch you over to the other tariff that you originally wanted...
Yeah you can do that easily enough, only problem is your stuck with the canary 30 for a month.

Soldato
Tupac said:
Ok heres the deal, I signed the P4U contract papers agreeing to Dolphin £35 and my bill today says I'm on Canary £30
Right well you can get your first bill recalculated as if you were on the dolphin 35, and move onto the dolphin 35 next month.

Refuse to pay the first bill then they can stick a LI code on meaning once the credit is applied onto next months bill you can pay them both together and not pay extra the first month.

Associate
Sounds like thats not a phones4u problem, did the sales consultant have to ring up to do a credit check? If so its the nice indian persons mistake on the other end of the phone who put in your tariff. Just go into phones4u and they're sort you out if you explain enough.

The insurance can be cancelled at any point and you can even just cancel the direct debit, they won't hassle you or cause a bad credit rating.

Associate
I found Phones 4 U to be totally crap when i was looking for a contract.

I told the bloke at the store that i only wanted to spend up to £25 per month, wanted at least 150 x-net minutes and wanted at least 200 texts and a free phone.

He came back with a £40 contract with 600 mins, 1000 texts with the phone of my choice (Samsung E900 at the time). I told him i didnt want to spend that much per month so he tried to persuade me with some cashback offer.

From the way he sounded and his pushy sales approach i made up some excuse and left.

Associate
You'll often find in a commission based environment that they'll want you to go on the higher tariff and offer cashback. It depends what you want in the end of the day, they wouldn't be able to offer the cashback with the lower deal but they would be able to offer a higher deal so you have more value and you still get it at the price you want.

In an ideal world a cashback offer would always be better but it depends if you can fork out £40 a month or not.

Currently Phones4u without a doubt have the best high street offers and probably better than a lot of online offers. But you have to do cashback or chequeback to get it.

If you go on a £35 p/m tariff on orange or £40 p/m on vodafone you can currently get £150 cashback. Perfect for users who spend that much, or users who want a phone out of their price range and a cashback offer will get them that. Another thing to consider is that although it may be pushy selling, if you keep going you'll get a good deal out of them.

Phones4u also have so many measures in place now to protect the customer from lying sales consultants, Information sheets are used and signed on to explain contract lengths, price, and tariff migration policies. Not something you'll find in any other high street shop as there is no need for them to tell you or inform you. This way if you haven't signed that piece of paper, you can prove you haven't been told this, phones4u then will pay out money.

I'm not just defending the company because i work for them, personally i hate them for their company policies and procedures but generally a customer is far better treated now than they ever used to. Compared to carphone, at least you're given the options while they're scuttle behind the computer to find a deal. I often feel like they don't have a clue what they're selling anyway.

Back
Top Bottom