The end of the world is nigh

Man of Honour
I'm having real difficulty getting hold of Eagle F1 GS-D3's now :(

Thats made me so emo. What else can I get thats as good in the wet for a similar price, plenty of better dry performance tyres out there but its the wet I care about :(

Man of Honour
OP
Tesla said:
What size are your tyres? 225/45/17. blackcircles.co.uk have GSD3's...

235/40/18 and 265/35/18. Blackcircles have front but not back.

Can't decide whether to risk trying the Assymetrics. I doubt I will need new tyres again for a few years so I dont want to get stuck with 600 quids worth of crap rubber.

Man of Honour
OP
ajgoodfellow said:
Mytyres list the GoodYear F1 GS-D3s in 265/35 R18 for £138.80 each

Have emailed them but was concerned about reports in Pistonheads that they ship 'Made in China' ones?

Also worried about what happens if I get a puncture in 5 months time and cant replace it with another tyre the same.

Associate
Done the eagles, TS-1's and Avon ZZ3 over the years. Don't know if these have crossed your mind or are in your size but I find the ZZ3's to perform very well for the money. Fair enough I have 4wd but I have the diff wound back to be as RWD as poss most of the time :). I went through my last set of eagles in just under 8k if memory serves, I found them to wear very quickly, penalty for working so well I guess ;).

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
Want a high performance tyre. Don't think they do Hydragrips in larger sizes.

Tempted by the new F1's but I've yet to see any hard evidence regarding how they perform :(

http://eu.goodyear.com/uk_en/images/Eagle_F1_Asymmetric_tcm64-17739.pdf

I can't see them being worse than the GSD3s, Goodyear themselves rate them even better in the dry and the same in the wet. It's their premium sport tyre they wont release a worse one than they've just discontinued.

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
Have emailed them but was concerned about reports in Pistonheads that they ship 'Made in China' ones?

Also worried about what happens if I get a puncture in 5 months time and cant replace it with another tyre the same.

Didn't know about that - that's definitely worrying

*goes off to check his new F1s*

Back
Top Bottom