Four terrorist scumbags get life

Man of Honour
chimaera said:
Even more if our government keeps winding the muslim world up by the awarding of pointless knighthoods.

Its great that they're locked away, but how many more terrorists now want to blow up the UK as a result of Rushdies award.

They do good one day, then make it even worse the next, but thats another issue entirely.

It's none of the "muslim world"'s ******* business who we award a knighthood to.

Permabanned
dirtydog said:
That's a slightly low life expectancy there isn't it? I hope I live to more than my late 60s. While it is possible they will die at that age, I wouldn't have thought it was likely.
I'm basing my statement partly on the memory of a survey that said that long term prisoners had a lower life expectancy than socitial norms.

Also, and again from memory you've got something like a 5 -10% chance of dieing before reaching 65. Life factors obviously can strongly influence that figure. Anecdotally of the 6 inlcuding me school friends who still keep in touch, 2 have both lost a father and both men were under 65.

Man of Honour
@if ®afiq said:
I don't know what they believed, certainly the heaven part but not too sure about the virgins. (The virgins thing is a lie and there is nothing in Islam that says this)
You admit that you don't know, but that what I was was a stupid thing to say?

Covering yourself in glory there, friend.

Soldato
Gilly said:
You admit that you don't know, but that what I was was a stupid thing to say?

Covering yourself in glory there, friend.

I think you have misunderstood what I said.

In post #86 you suggested to change the word "innocents" for "infidels" and all I did was just to point out in post #88 that not only "infidels" got hurt in 7/7.

I should have nipped it in the bud when you went off on a tangent in post #93, looking back now that is where things got confusing. :)

Man of Honour
You told me that asking whether he meant infidels rather than innocents was a silly thing to say. I challenged you on this point and you've not done anything since to either regress that comment or explain your point.

I do not believe it was a silly thing to say and I do believe you were wrong to say it was. Right now it'd be good if you could either explain your point or retract your comment.

Soldato
Gilly said:
You told me that asking whether he meant infidels rather than innocents was a silly thing to say. I challenged you on this point and you've not done anything since to either regress that comment or explain your point.

If that is what you meant then I read it wrong and for that I apologise. I read it as you were correcting him to use the word infidels instead of innocents, as in infidels are only being targetted.

Caporegime
Gilly said:
So you agree with him that these fools going round trying to kill themselves in the name of martyrdom are also trying to kill innocents rather than infidels? They believe that by killing innocents they will achieve whatever it is they're after?

Bear in mind we're talking about who the bombers view as innocents. Of course we view victims of bombers as innocents.

Of course im in agreement with him, ive been saying it from day one that its not only the non muslims that have to be aware but also muslims as well:)....the ones who arent so easily brainwashed into this 'death to all infidels' rubbish.

I dont think the bombers see anyone as being innocent, muslim or not...unless your with them then your going to get bombed out of existance...thats how i see it.

Man of Honour
@if ®afiq said:
If that is what you meant then I read it wrong and for that I apologise. I read it as you were correcting him to use the word infidels instead of innocents, as in infidels are only being targetted.
It was a question not a statement :)

Besides which, who is to say that these bombers don't see western muslims as infidels?

Spawn said:
Of course im in agreement with him, ive been saying it from day one that its not only the non muslims that have to be aware but also muslims as well:)....the ones who arent so easily brainwashed into this 'death to all infidels' rubbish.

I dont think the bombers see anyone as being innocent, muslim or not...unless your with them then your going to get bombed out of existance...thats how i see it.
It would appear that you made the same mistake, thats not what I was saying.

Soldato
haha seems motorala got the death penalty

im still all up for the death penalty in cases like this , if someone thinks theyre innocent then they should be made to pay to keep them alive .

theres much better things to spend the money on than keeping people in jails

should go back to sending them all to aus

Last edited:
Associate
There have been calls for the four convicted to be exectuted .... why? Why make potential martyrs' of people with such flagrant disregard for life? Let them sit in their cell and mull what they have done ... and 40 years is a long time to perhaps realise what a futile cause they believe in, 40 years being the minimum tariff before parole is considered and you bet a good chunk of change that they will never be released.

'But it will cost 40, 50k to keep them every year ' some may say ... so? Some prices are worth paying. If they despise Western decadence so much then they have all the time they wish to consult fellow terror convicts and if their debating skills are finely honed then they can discuss it on the main wing should they wish.

The word hypocrite has been mentioned in some context in this thread with reference to the use of the death penalty but I don't go that far. The only hypocrites are the attempted bombers themselves ... should they have detonated then the blast would not have distingued between Muslim and non-Muslim. The blast would have torn apart Mr Smith, Mrs Singh, Mr Ali or whoever was unfortunate enough to be in the way. Is that not hypocrisy?

As for there being other terrorists out there, of course there are. It is no state secret that the Security Service are currently tracking over 250 terror cells active in this country but does that mean we should give up because there were others taking there place? We have a problem with extremism in this country and even the most PC Pc will tell you that ... but that does not mean we give up or write off every Muslim as a terrorist or a suspect ... and even your most unPC Pc will tell you that.

Extremism and bombing campaigns do not stop the gears of the UK turning and over 30 years of The Troubles should be proof of that, despite unorthadox methods used such as suicide bombing. We, the authorities will either pre-emt or pick up the aftermath but either way our way of life in this country wins and always will do.

Back
Top Bottom