New job in Newcastle

Soldato
I've recently accepted a job offer in Newcastle, and was looking for some advice re: where to live, what areas to avoid, what's good about the city, what's bad. Generally any tips of pointers you could give to someone who's only ever been there twice!

Where to live is a big one, i'll be driving up there next week to look at apartments/house-shares and would like to know what areas to focus on/skip through.

Cheers!

Soldato
Meadowell is nice, new sports centre built nearby, which is nice.

Ummm....Inside the Byker wall is pleasant.

:p lol I'm joking, Jesmond and Gosforth are the nicest areas IMO.

Soldato
How old are you?? What are requirements??

I live in Jesmond! Very rich area of newcastle, and very close. Take 5 mins on the bus into centre of town. If not so close, maybe Gosforth!

Jesmond has loads of posh bars running down one street which is called Osbourne Road. You see Porches, Range Rovers, Aston Martins, Ferrari's all the time. Its not expensive to buy or rent tho.

Soldato
OP
Thermaltake said:
How old are you?? What are requirements??

I live in Jesmond! Very rich area of newcastle, and very close. Take 5 mins on the bus into centre of town. If not so close, maybe Gosforth!

Jesmond has loads of posh bars running down one street which is called Osbourne Road. You see Porches, Range Rovers, Aston Martins, Ferrari's all the time. Its not expensive to buy or rent tho.

I'm 22, and looking for a moderately nice houseshare with young-professionals/PHD/MA students. How much would I expect to pay per month in some of these nicer areas?

Permabanned
I live in Jesmond. I never want to leave!!!
It really is awesome. Get somewhere near Jesmond/West Jesmond metro station, and you're laughing.

Associate
Chads said:
I've recently accepted a job offer in Newcastle, and was looking for some advice re: where to live, what areas to avoid, what's good about the city, what's bad. Generally any tips of pointers you could give to someone who's only ever been there twice!

Where to live is a big one, i'll be driving up there next week to look at apartments/house-shares and would like to know what areas to focus on/skip through.

Cheers!

Newcastle.

Back
Top Bottom