Vodafone Stop the Clock

Soldato
My old man just upgraded his contract with vodafone and I noticed that on the documents sent out to him, he has Stop the clock with it. I've looked at the vodafone site for info but I'm still unclear.

Now my father never uses all his minutes up and from what I gather, every call he makes, he is charged for the first three minutes then the minutes he stays on the phone is taken out of his free minutes allowance.

If this is the case, he will be charged a fortune with most of the calls he makes are to other networks. Every call he makes could cost £1.20 or so?

I'm I right or just mistaken completely?

Soldato
OP
Ah, so my old man only gets charged for the first 3-minutes when his inclusive minutes run out.

Basically, he has nothing to worry since he never uses his minutes up?

Cheers for that, its good to have a better clarification.

Just need to cancel his phone insurance since it will never be used, I hope.

Associate
STC works when you have minutes and when your minutes have run out. If your dad gets 200 minutes a month and the first call of the month is at the evening or weekend and it lasts an hour. At the end of the call he will still have 197 of his inclusive minutes remaining, instead of using up 60 minutes he will use up 3. If the inclusive minutes have all run out then he is only charged for the first 3 minutes of each call evening and weekend instead of being charged for every minute.

Associate
I find Stop The Clock VERY handy. It came free with my line rental.
I received a text from Vodafone a few weeks ago telling me that the previous month STC saved me using up or being charged for 97 minutes

That's great seeing as usually i only have about 10-15 minutes roll over to the following month if i am lucky.
If i didnt have STC i would definitely need to look at my phone VS cost situation!

Back
Top Bottom