Canon EOS 350D

Soldato
In brief:

It's a very good quality camera, lots of people own it. I've had one for over 2 years now. It's taken a beating and it's still going strong. Image quality is very high and it has all the features you would expect on a camera in this price range.

Bad points:
A fair few people consider it small, getting the extra battery grip sorts this out however. If this could be a major issue for you look to the 20/30d.

Soldato
yak.h'cir said:
In brief:

It's a very good quality camera, lots of people own it. I've had one for over 2 years now. It's taken a beating and it's still going strong. Image quality is very high and it has all the features you would expect on a camera in this price range.

Bad points:
A fair few people consider it small, getting the extra battery grip sorts this out however. If this could be a major issue for you look to the 20/30d.
Big fat DITTO from me!

Got the battery grip on mine and it makes the world of difference. :)

gt

Caporegime
What can I say, there isn't s thing I don't like about it.

The size of it doesn't bother me as I have small hands, but try and see if you can hold one before you get it :)

check my deviantart - all shot with the 350D - http://je-design.deviantart.com

You won't be disapointed with it :D

For good measure, here it is!

img0019ch8.jpg

:D

Last edited:
Soldato
I have a 350D, and its great, can't fault it TBH apart from one thing.

And thats the location of the timer/burst mode button. I sometimes hit it with my nose and therefore set off the timer mode, lost countless photo opportunities cos of that :mad: :mad:

19k Shots and still going strong tho :D

40D next :cool:

Caporegime
Concorde Rules said:

And thats the location of the timer/burst mode button. I sometimes hit it with my nose and therefore set off the timer mode, lost countless photo opportunities cos of that :mad: :mad:

I've never done this, you clearly have an overly large nose :p

Soldato
NforceSFF said:
Anyone coment on this SLR?

Anyone actually own the camera that can advise its good and bad points?

The only downside with the camera is it's size (which has already been mentioned) the battery grip is ideal if you want to swing the camera round for portrait aspect shots but you're still restricted to the tiny handgrip the rest of the time.

Also the finish on the case is a pain in the hole to clean, it's kind of rough so just wiping it down doesn't really do the job.

Other than that I can't fault it, probably the best camera I've owned so far.

Concorde Rules said:

Thats a shame. That'll be because you use your left eye for the viewfinder right?

30D would be better for you. Your nose would only touch a joystick dial that I have currently disabled unless engaged by a top button and then it moves my AF point.
Also the jog wheel could be moved by your nose and then again it can be stopped from quickly changing exposure comp by turning the cameras power to On position 1

Caporegime
alexisonfire said:
lol, that reminds me of the 10-20 on my old D40, looks just as comical.

It's funny as you see some pictures of a humungus lens then a 350D on the end, which is normally considered just a problem in the picture as it's a black dot :p

Permabanned
OP
Well guys thanks for the help!

i decided in the end to go with the Canon EOS 400D Digital SLR Camera (18-55mm Lens Kit) :D as i belive i got a better deal Don't mention competitors i got

Canon EOS 400D Digital SLR Camera (18-55mm Lens Kit)
SanDisk CompactFlash 2 GB Extreme III
Centron D-Trek BP500 bag

total was £518 but i can get a £20 voucher highstreet store beginning with J and i think a £50 cashback from canon which bring it to £448
Plus i get to have it now without waiting etc
Im very pleased :)

Back
Top Bottom