Project Diamond Black: 100% Complete AT LAST!! - Tons of Pictures

Soldato
15cm ish square cut in the top which will have black mesh on it.
Reason for cutting it there is for the radiator fan.
01.jpg

Ive cut out the two 80mm fan grills in the rear.
02.jpg

There are a few scratches on the top as you can see in this next picture but no worries because its getting a complete professional respray. Its being sprayed black again but with a top notch car finish. The previous spray job was glossy but was very rough, the new finish will be like a mirror.

Oh and the interior of the case (grey at the moment) will also be sprayed black:D

03.jpg

Oh and you can just about make it out, I have drilled out the rivets for the hdd cage, so that is now gone. Leaving more space for my pump:D

Soldato
OP
Cheers. Im just waiting for my aquatube so I can cut another hole in the top. After thats cut I will me making mounting holes for the pump and the radiator. After that is done its off to the factory to be resprayed Vauxhall Midnight Black which is a two coat pearlescent.

A trublue powersupply will find its home at the rear and im going to TRY and get a couple of custom made grills for the rear 80mm's.

I will be making a full perspex window also and to finish off the inside there will be a blue and a white cathode.

The front activity lights will be white for power and blue for hdd activity.

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by TheMooN
Have you thought about having the inside Adonized m8

I was actually considering that mate. I can drill out the rivets for the top so that comes off no prob. Now I can get the internal sprayed any Vauxhall colour I want, for free, what are the benefits of having it anodized?

Also if I were to get it sprayed/anodized, what colour you reckon would look nice?

Associate
I remember seeing a guys rig a while back where he had the inside Adonized a really kool Mid ice metalic green , You know that 60's corvette stingray colour. Looked superb

I will try and dig around my stuff and see if I still have the link .

:D

Soldato
Originally posted by gurdas
The only thing to decide now is what colour I should do it, that will go nice with two-coat pearlescent black.

If you've got the balls I'd suggest bright orange :cool: <-- a bit like that

arty

Soldato
OP
:eek: Um, that would rock, but it wont match anything, im using a blue/white light throughout the case.

How about titanium, like a dark silver. It will match the silver components I will have, ie Titanium Aquatube and Titanium Aquadrive.

Soldato
OP
The titanium I referred to would be the anodising colour for the cage, which would be done by a seperate place.

Arden Blue is very nice indeed, but not for this case, perhaps a future one.

Ive changed my plans a tad, the outer casing is still going to be sprayed Vauxhall Midnight Black (very nice colour) and the cage of the computer is going to be chromed, as recommended by gt3:D

Back
Top Bottom