BMX advise,

Associate
Hello all, (sorry mods if this is in the wrong forum) I am after some advise, I am starting to get into bmxing. There is a local skate park near me, with 1/2 pipe ect.. My friend just got a GT bump bike, Within the first hour he had broken his elbow, ( I don't plan to do this) But he has now not been able to ride his bike and i have taken to doing so at the local park.

I want a bike that can go on/off road, I think its called park/trials.. I have a budget off £240 max. I don't want to get the GT bump as then we would have the same bike ect, I don't want to have something super heavy. I would like a bike that can take a lot off bashing falling off ect. Seeing as i only starting riding BMX about a week ago have not fallen off yet :S

So basicly i want a newbie bike, Something that looks good and is strong. If you could all advise be i would be pleased,

Thanks Phil

Soldato
id normally say stick to the big brands but i just spotted this on sale at alansbmx which is a VERY good deal for the price IMO

http://www.alansbmx.com/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=4525

for other completes look at stuff from

fitbike co
hoffman
mirra co
specialized

in that order IMO

they all make great value for money completes

the fit bikes have the best frames and feel nicest to ride IMO

the hoffmans and mirra co completes just have great value for money

try other shops mind , alans seem to have cleared out most the 2006 stuff now because the 2007 stuff is on its way.

oh and my best advice for a beginner is too keep your tyre pressures as high as theyre rated for , stops pinch flats and you denting/bending your wheels

Associate
keep borrowing his? Maybe try and try some other peoples till you find the one you want.

Not quite sure what type you are after; trials is hopping about on whatever you find. Drop offs etc. Is that the one you were thinking of?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks guys, Iv been thinking, there would be no need for a trial bike as i only go on the skate park.. Iv been on a few.. so if it was just park what bike would you suggest

Associate
BMX or street bike. Have a look on the MBUK forums and do a little research. If it is literally just park then get a bmx. If its a lot of different things then get a street bike. Nice suspension, small frame, maybe discs etc.

Soldato
mctrials23 said:
BMX or street bike. Have a look on the MBUK forums and do a little research. If it is literally just park then get a bmx. If its a lot of different things then get a street bike. Nice suspension, small frame, maybe discs etc.

Not going to happen for £240.

BMX is the only doable option really.

Soldato
Go on ebay and get a 2nd hand custom BMX should pick one up for around 200, might not be new but in the future you will thank me :)

I bought a complete a couple of years back (fit bike co) cranks went loose and the wheel wasnt trued which meant I couldnt run my brakes porperly and the spokes eventually came off.

Associate
OP
Iv been riding this bike i got for free around and had some great fun, Iv fallen off plenty off times.. In a few weeks i am going to get the DK 6 pack. Thanks all for advise!

Back
Top Bottom