How to say it's over?

Associate
DezUk said:
You could have just sent her an email with a link to his thread:D

Am I the only one here with no feeling of Deja Vu?

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17627584

Aruffell said:
Right guys, need a bit of help here.
<snip>

Problem is that i haven't told jennie anything yet because i don't know what to say to her to break off whatever we had going on.

<snip>
I still want to be friends with Jennie but i don't want to say i met someone else because that will crush her.

Unkind, I know, but haven't you started a lot of threads about commitment issues?

cleanbluesky said:
I believe that nothing happens without a reason. Whether we want to see it or not is another matter - I have found this from my own experience that I will bring things upon myself whilst pretending not know what I am doing.

actually from a psychological point of view I'm also quite a believer of that theory also but I do also beleive in chance happenings and I think this maybie one of them that can't be explained away with self psychoanalysis.

As far as 'just the way the cards are drawn' I don't understand the relevance of this phrase compared to the situation.

I've basicly explained that above, I mean that sometimes things just come down to chance, i.e. Aruffell just ended up in this rellationship though chance and not because of any underlining hidden psychological issues that you seem to be insinuating that he might have, I can see where you going with this and normally I'd agree but I just feel with this relationship that is not the case.

Last edited:
Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Be honest with her and tell her the truth - face to face.

Too many of my friends have been treated like **** by gutless morons who just don't contact them and let them wonder wth is going on.

Pathetic in my opinion. I much rather be told straight. Yeah it is harsh to happen on the spot, but better than dragging it out over a month or whatever.

Edit: just re-read... tell her, tell her again and then tell her what you told her and that you are trying not to be a **** bloke by being honest.

That way you have done your best in my opinion.

BB x

Last edited:
Suspended
Aruffell said:
She argues with her mum a lot too, she thinks that her mum doesn't love her, and she came round my house a couple of weeks ago, and she had a mark on her wrist where she'd tried slitting her wrists.

I'm sorry but i think you are being taken for a ride.

She is using the fact that you know she is new to the area, and then throwing in more stuff like arguing with her mum as a form of emotional blackmail. In my experience, trying to slit your wrists means more than a mark, it means actually reaching blood and then a bandage. Its also very rare that someone who really wants to kill themselves will admit to it.

She sounds a lot like my dad, using emotional blackmail to try and control you and the relationship. The best thing you could do is break up with her and let her know that it doesn't work. She may threaten to kill herself, don't be fooled by it, its purely the sympathy vote. Make a clean break and stay away.

Associate
BrightonBelle said:
Be honest with her and tell her the truth - face to face.

Too many of my friends have been treated like **** by gutless morons who just don't contact them and let them wonder wth is going on.

Pathetic in my opinion. I much rather be told straight. Yeah it is harsh to happen on the spot, but better than dragging it out over a month or whatever.

Edit: just re-read... tell her, tell her again and then tell her what you told her and that you are trying not to be a **** bloke by being honest.

That way you have done your best in my opinion.

BB x

I totally agree I would rather be told face to face and with complete honesty if someone doesnt want to be with me.

Yes it hurts but you get over that pain and learn from it, it always so much harder to deal with a break up when its filled with dishonesty.

Soldato
Old but effective:

Welcome to Dumpsville, population, you.

Note: I would never seriously suggest this as it shows a complete disregard for another human being's feelings and that should tell you what you have to do :)

Permabanned
phykell said:
Old but effective:

Welcome to Dumpsville, population, you.

Note: I would never seriously suggest this as it shows a complete disregard for another human being's feelings and that should tell you what you have to do :)

i love the simpsons

Permabanned
Just be honest and tell her what you told us.

Tell her you'd rather be friends than what we are now.

To be honest what you are currently really is friends.

Plus you might still get the weekly leg over on her as well as friends!

Soldato
ok for those who are trying to give the OP advice have a look at the other threads he starts about other girls etc, basically the way i read this is he told the girl he loves her to get her into bed and now he has found she is suicidal wants out without guilt.

well sorry dude if your going to be a git its going to bite you in the behind, if she does commit suicide i hope you feel happy you played with the girls emotions just for sex.

KaHn

Last edited:
Soldato
KaHn said:
ok for those who are trying to give the OP advice have a look at the other threads he starts about other girls etc, basically the way i read this is he told the girl he loves her to get her into bed and now he has found she is suicidal wants out without guilt.

well sorry dude if your going to be a git its going to bite you in the behind, if she does commit suicide i hope you feel happy you played with the girls emotions just for sex.

KaHn

Aruffell the cad
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17609525

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17627584

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17577856

Aruffell thinks 'finding that special someone is hard to do' but likes a good mazzy anyway

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17578981

Soldato
Just cut through the BS, tell her straight. She isn't going to top herself because you've dumped her. Tell her you want to be friends instead. Sorted.

I've just left a five year relationship, and pretty much at the worst possible time for her as she's having a bout of what I'm sure is depression. It wouldn't have been fair on either of us for me to stay with her, for that reason though.

Grow a pair and do it the right way :)

EDIT - Though seriously, if you go sticking it in someone with mental health issues, using that to get them into bed is lower than low imo.

Associate
KaHn said:

KaHn

Well said^^^^

...don't think I'd be comfortable posting the saga of embarrassing personal information the OP keeps telling us about.

Hang on, why am I complaining?

Quite entertaining in 'schadenfruede' sort of way :p

Soldato
pump her and dump her :)

the only way

either that or if she's fit ask her if she'd mind giving your mates a seeing too :)

result she goes off with your mates they get their jollies then you can call her a dirty ho and dump her ass :)

oh and if she's really fit pimp her to your mates and get some serious wedge in the process :)

Nix

Nix

Soldato
CBS, do I hint a bit of the green-eyed monster? ;)

OP,

I think that your best option is to gently let her go. Based on the fact that you've already spoke to her and she's said she can work around it, give her a chance. If it still doesn't work, explain that to her when the time comes. At least that way it won't come as such a shock and in the meantime you could probably help her make more friends. I know it isn't easy to, but you can always stay friends once you've broken up.

Just don't be an ***hole regarding the whole thing and it won't be as difficult as it could be.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
cleanbluesky said:

Karma is going to find you and bite you right on the ass my son... I know you are young, but still you act like that and now are worried about stuff like this? :confused:

Still... don't be a **** about it and she'll be fine.. its called experience and we've all been there she needs to know that and so do you.

Learn from your mistakes!!!

BB x

Back
Top Bottom