Transformers ! :D

Associate
AWESOME! **POST MAY CONTAIN SMALL SPOILERS**

The film had just about as much humour (which I didn't expect) as action (which was just jaw dropping) and most of the CGI scenes are incredibly realistic - so much so that I forgot they are CGI (I guess we can thank Dreamworks for that) :eek:

Being a fan of 'Gen 1' Transformers as a kid I was very pleased with the movie adaption...especially the Megatron and Optimus Prime fight. The dialogue is a little lacking (not enough in parts) but Prime gets just about enough...

Did anyone see the Xbox 360 that got transformed by the Cube's radiation?...a guy is holding one and it makes that familar noise at startup (very brief clip) :D

Bad Boys 2 is a very funny movie - I watched that this afternoon just for a laugh. Ok some of the action is OTT but its a whole lot of fun ;)

I think Michael Bay has made hit and miss movies - just don't mention Pearl Harbour to me. Transformers was produced by Spielberg so it wasn't ruined :rolleyes:

Gotta see it again! Stick around for the end credits - a bit of humour and then a possible hint of things to come :)

Man of Honour
LeftfieldTilt said:
Just back from the cinema after watching this.

Absolutly fan-bleedin-tastic, its so good that im going to watch it again tonight :D

Lol I nipped into do that as well. First movie in a long long time that I was happy to see more than once at the cinema!

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Don't think anyone has posted this but..

Peter Cullen is signed on to do another TWO films.. could turn in to a nice little trio :)

My prediction for the next films (if the trio thing is true) is;

Starscream is leader in #2.. while Galvatron turns up right at the end.

Then #3 is all about Unicron! :D

EDIT: The audience gave a clap at the end.. was a bit surreal

Last edited by a moderator:
Commissario
I went to watch it earlier with my bother, brother in law, nephew and sister and we all loved it i think.

I wasn't really expecting much, but thoroughly enjoyed it, although I am disapointed they didn't get "you've got the touch" in there anywhere ;)

Caporegime
DJLOREY said:
Don't think anyone has posted this but..

Peter Cullen is signed on to do another TWO films.. could turn in to a nice little trio :)

My prediction for the next films (if the trio thing is true) is;

Starscream is leader in #2.. while Galvatron turns up right at the end.

Then #3 is all about Unicron! :D
Yeah, I posted it earlier - its on Wiki :) - both Shia and Megan too :D

Amazing how similar the Transformers back story is to the Silver Surfers/Fantastic Four (the planet eating thing)...

Whatever happens it better have some Dinobots!!!

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Ah no... I don't usually get soundtracks to films but I really wanted Steve Jablonsky's score which I loved in the movie. Looked at the offical movie cd and the idiots haven't put it on there, what's more 4 songs that were NOT even in the movie are on there! :confused:

Associate
Saw it last night, amazing film, defo going to buy it on DVD!
Didn't in keep at all with the orginal story line though, but once I got over that it was a fantastic film! hope they make another one cuz that CGI was out of this world to be honest!

Soldato
Saw it tonight. It was very good entertainment...but far from one of the best films ever/this year that people are making it out to be. It's so cheesy it's painful. Way too much humour (even from the Transformers), quite a few plot holes and that 'thing' with the 'clutz' robot running throughout the film??! WTF. Close to ruined it. Wasn't funny at all. Some of the jokes were quite funny, but nothing laugh-out-loud. The 12A rating really shone through. :rolleyes:

And where was the US army throughout all this? A motley crew of 6 marines taking the fight from one side of the world to the other!? Jeez.

It was fun, sure, but nothing more than that. 6.5/10. The hype-machine has clearly fogged up peoples' view of this. A massive opportunity missed here - a big percentage of Transformer fans are well in to their twenties now, shame they aimed it at a younger market.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Tried&Tested said:
...a big percentage of Transformer fans are well in to their twenties now, shame they aimed it at a younger market.
We had the same arguement on the F4:SS movie - it be nice to have a Transformer movie for the people that grew up with it, but then we never would have seen Spiderman, Batman or a host of other characters films/series that were originally way before my generation...

I think its perfectly acceptable to aim it for children otherwise when we were kids we would have missed out on so much ourselves...

Associate
Just got back from a preview screening, whilst I enjoyed it I have to say it was the most cringworthy and cheesy film I have seen in a long time!

Dont get me wrong the special effects and the action were great but it spoilt it a little.

Plus I had to put up with people clapping and cheering throughout which got on my nerves :mad:

Soldato
Tried&Tested said:
It was fun, sure, but nothing more than that. 6.5/10. The hype-machine has clearly fogged up people's view of this. A massive opportunity missed here - a big percentage of Transformer fans are well in to their twenties now, shame they aimed it at a younger market.

My view wasn't clogged up by the hype-machine, and I doubt many people in this thread have been, it is pretty condescending to make that supposition about us. It's cool if you didn't enjoy it but no need to bring down those that did.

As for a massive opportunity missed, do you mean by aiming it at all the transformers fans? How many proper transformers fans are there in the UK, a few thousand at most. And a few more in the US going off forum memberships, convention turnouts etc.

Associate
I've just got back from it and i thought it was very well done. At times yes it was a little ott and cheesey but at least it brought in humour to make easy viewing.

The police car was an amazing piece of kit!! Anyone know what it was?

Caporegime
Saleen S281 Mustang

2006mustangsaleens281lr5.jpg

Associate
I've just got back from a screening and all I can say is... meh. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the film from start to finish but little niggles annoyed me.

1. It was 40mins too long. They tried to flesh out the human characters when I believe they should have concentrated on the transformers. By the end you were sick of the love/hacking/soldier stories and didn't know which transformer was which when it really mattered, during the hectic action scenes.

2. The action while great, was let down by poor camera angle choices. The wide angle shots looked fantastic and really took your breath away but as soon as the camera moved in (which it does often,) you couldn't really tell what was going on, just that it looked good.

3.The section 7 guy. Need I say more?

4. Typical Hollywood dumbing down. The cinema was packed with 18-25 year olds who in all respects, were the nerdish type. Bad science and slightly childish jokes (sector 7) really didn't help the movie move along and often created little plot holes.

5. I still can't work out which Decepticon was which?. The similar designs caused a lot of confusion. A bit more colour alongside a lot more decepticon-only scenes would have gone a long way. In the cartoon they were often given just as much time on screen as the autobots.

The upsides include Shia LaBeouf and the Autobot's interaction scenes. I'm looking froward to see how they continue from here as solid groundwork has been laid. Hopefully the next one will focus on fleshing out the transformers a bit more and correct the mistakes that let down the incredible action.

Permabanned
Werewolf said:
I went to watch it earlier with my bother, brother in law, nephew and sister and we all loved it i think.

I wasn't really expecting much, but thoroughly enjoyed it, although I am disapointed they didn't get "you've got the touch" in there anywhere ;)

You got the power ;)

I liked Dare better!

Back
Top Bottom