What's the oldest component in your rig?

Associate
Most my hard drives are near 1.5 years old my case is the oldest thing as it was used on my first build. But it's still worth £100 off OCuK go thermaltake armour :D

Soldato
HangTime said:
Just wondering what the oldest component you have in your main system is? Needs to be a proper item i.e. not a fan, IDE cable or something silly like that. Also an actual part of the base unit rather than that grotty ps2 keyboard you've had since school, complete with 16 packets of crisps and half a head of hair embedded in it....

For me, it's my memory - 2*512 Twinmos PC3200 purchased from OcUK 3 years ago.

You?

...actually on reflection it's my floppy drive I've had for years, but that's too boring :p

Currently all the stuff in my PC is brand new :D - I even bought a new floppy drive when I got my PC ;)

Soldato
got to be me hard drive western digi 75gb cavier adition but saying that me whole pc is old its an

abit nf7-s
amd laptop cpu clocked to buggery

me newest part is my lovely 7600gt agp leadtec card hehe.

Soldato
Right, this thread again... Dug out some bits....

386DX - IT LIVES!!!!

Thrown it into a case, put a few bits to it, Throwing Win98 onto it as we speak, but then, its been chugging along trying to install it for over an hour now...

SETUP /NM

Ah, the old DOS Switches eh?

And a custom MSBATCH.INF sorted too!???

Anyway, the Mobo is 1988 so thats just on 19 years old... Hang on... I got a 286 Leptop here that still works... its got 640MB and is Mono and wont even take Win 3 FFS! - Cool. Where is my GEM Floppies?

Associate
lol does it count if I find summin really old and put it in my case?
I did have a 10 or more year old 40mm fan in my case on the northbridge, but it was way to loud lol.

Soldato
silversurfer said:
4y6ngpc.jpg

Top film, one of my favourites. Just watched it again myself the other night. :)

For me, my oldest component has to be my WD 74GB Raptor, its about 2 years old and still going strong :)

Associate
Mine would be:

WD Raptor 74GB - crimbo 2005
Cheiftec Dragon case - Jan 2006

Raptor is noisy and the speed difference is that noticeable, yet I still can bring myself to sell it even though I could get something quiet and better lol.

Dragon case I got as it had a load of space for airflow (this mattered lots as I had an old HP machine before and I was concerned about overheating which my HP suffered from). Now I think its slightly ugly but good airflow, so it'll do lol. Want a Antec P182 to replace it :)

Soldato
I have a 10 yr old (ish) 6GB Samsung hard drive in my current rig i built 2 years ago. It came from an old P2 350MHz PC that used to be my parents that I was striping for the screws, cables and floppy drive. Dunno why I put it in really, thought as it was still alive it might as well be used for backup or something.

When I put my system (A64 3700, x800...) together and turned it on for the first time, I wasnt quite expecting it to boot into Windows 98..... :D

PK!

Associate
Mine are:
Canon BJC-1000, it's about 9 or 10 years old
a Maxtor 20GB harddrive (my only harddrive!) from 2001 i think I got it, maybe 2000
and a 14" CRT monitor, it's ANCIENT, don't even know when we got it, my guess is over 10 years ago

Back
Top Bottom