Royal Mail Strikes for the Next Two Weeks

Man of Honour
Raymond Lin said:
The deadline for the job is friday, i only just got the form yesterday !
Get the Yellow Pages out and look up some local courier firms. You might pay a few quid more but you can rest assured that it will get there.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
They bloody better get their ****ing act together. I've got to send off my passport details soon. :mad:

Soldato
Moses99p said:
I'm against the strike action, but don't have a problem chilling in the MDEC watching films whilst getting paid £7.50 an hour. I basically help sort the mail so when the mail centres and posties go on strike i have to do nothing and we can do what we want :D

Its the easiest job in existence. ;D

flame away.

what i can't work out is why they are still paying the faggots for not doing any work, if I owned a company it would be: you strike- you dont get paid, regardless of union crap, you sign a contract to do those hours work, for x amount of pay, why should you then get paid for not upholding your part of the contract. :confused:

yet you wonder why they can't pay you more, they're busy wasting it on work not done

(correct me if i'm wrong)

Tru

Tru

Soldato
Wow, suddenly everyone has some urgent postal business as soon as a strike is called. Pull the other one, you people are a ****ing joke. If only everyone was as mail-crazy as you lot, RM would be rolling in it and their staff would get their pensions and keep their jobs.

bringerofdecay said:
what i can't work out is why they are still paying the faggots for not doing any work, if I owned a company it would be: you strike- you dont get paid, regardless of union crap, you sign a contract to do those hours work, for x amount of pay, why should you then get paid for not upholding your part of the contract. :confused:

yet you wonder why they can't pay you more, they're busy wasting it on work not done

(correct me if i'm wrong)
They wont get paid for striking

Last edited:
Soldato
Tru said:
Wow, suddenly everyone has some urgent postal business as soon as a strike is called. Pull the other one, you people are a ****ing joke. If only everyone was as mail-crazy as you lot, RM would be rolling in it and their staff would get their pensions and keep their jobs.

incase you hadn't noticed you are on a forum, related to computer components, and help regarding which components to order, this forum also operates a member market, where items bought and sold are generally posted using roayl mail, therefore you can be pretty sure there will be a fair few posting in this thread, as they will be the ones concerned about their orders, people not in their situation will not be as likely to post in this thread, as it just doesnt affect them

Tru said:
They wont get paid for striking, you galloping idiot.

i was replying to someone elses comment, that they were in the employ of RM, and were getting paid £7.50 to watch films in the coming weeks, perhaps i mis understood, which i therefore added "correct me if im wrong" this doesn't, therefore warrent a personal attack

Soldato
Who won't get paid ?

I know someone who got more pay when they were on strike :rolleyes: In fact he and 124 others got more pay for standing around on a picket line.

It was a different Union, but he was paid more by his union than he would earn working (and his was on strike over 8 weeks)

The reason he got more money in his hand was due to less tax, and less contributions paid out on the days he was striking. Work that one out.

Tru

Tru

Soldato
bringerofdecay said:
incase you hadn't noticed you are on a forum, related to computer components, and help regarding which components to order, this forum also operates a member market, where items bought and sold are generally posted using roayl mail, therefore you can be pretty sure there will be a fair few posting in this thread, as they will be the ones concerned about their orders, people not in their situation will not be as likely to post in this thread, as it just doesnt affect them

i was replying to someone elses comment, that they were in the employ of RM, and were getting paid £7.50 to watch films in the coming weeks, perhaps i mis understood, which i therefore added "correct me if im wrong" this doesn't, therefore warrent a personal attack

Your lack of punctuation warrants a sound thrashing, never mind a terse word.

Soldato
Tru said:
Your lack of punctuation warrants a sound thrashing, never mind a terse word.

so what? your lack of belief that people want to post mail warrents a sound thrashing and a terse word, get real ;)

edit: infact, i'm on a forum, not in an exam, next time i wont use punctuation at all, so you can fill in the blanks yourself.

Soldato
There certainly wont be any pay for any postie that doesnt turn up for his shift.....can vouch for that going by my last wage slip!!!

We aint counting on getting a penny from the union either.

Soldato
They have had a long run of being the only option for the vast majority and are now throwing their toys out the pram because they don't like that they have a hint of competition. BT did the exact same thing when they started to loose their monopoly years ago to the competition.
Just another ageing dinosaur of a company that is so set against change that they would rather go under than evolve.
NHS, Rail, BT, Record Industry - put them all in the same place myself.

Samtheman1k said:
Do strikers get paid whilst on strike?

funny i was just thinking about that which strangly lead me onto thinking about knocking my local postman out when I see him :o , I would think the do get paid, I'm feeing some real anger towards these people recently, I really don't think they comprehend the problems this causes.

Back
Top Bottom