307bhp golf gti

Soldato
hominid said:
Just to add that my Golf GTI speedo is out by 10mph+ above 110 or so with GPS verification. Easiest way is to find out the gearboxes final drive and work it out from there.

It's still a very rapid GTI!

The final drive is 26.6mph per 1000revs so 7k which is the rev limiter is 184mph, he was not far off that. I know with mine the speedo is out but not by much however after 150mph it starts to get more accurate again compared to GPS. Its a delibarate fudge factor put on the speedo by VW, if on the climate control you press the ECON button and the air up button at the same time for a couple of seconds you will go in the diagnostic mode using the temp dial select channel 19, in the other climate display your speed will be display without the fudge factor on mine this is within 1 or 2mph of GPS right round the speedo.

The reason the ED30 gets 80bhp from just a remap is that is detuned from the factory its exactly the same engine/turbo from the S3 that leaves the factory with 261bhp both remap to 310bhp ish tunners expect 330bhp/330lbft with a full exhaust with race cats and a custom map however the full exhausts are not out yet.

The Leon Cupra also shares the same engine but leaves the factory with 240bhp this also will remap to 310bhp ish.

Last edited:
Soldato
Dangerous Dave said:
The speedo gets more accurate again after 150, gearing in 6th at 7k is 184mph he isn't that fair off 7k as the redline is 6.5k so I would say its doing a little over a real 170mph.
If the redline in 6th is 6500, then that's 168.7 mph - or has the limiter been raised? Getting a bit lost as to what is going on :p

Soldato
PMKeates said:
If the redline in 6th is 6500, then that's 168.7 mph - or has the limiter been raised? Getting a bit lost as to what is going on :p

Redline is 6500 revs, rev limiter is a tiny bit past 7000revs even on the standard cars. On the video it looks like he goes past the 6500redline but don't think he clips the limiter.

Associate
OP
bigger intercooler and intake system has arrived today intake is already done took around 2 hours intercooler being done at the weekend think i will be looking at around 340bhp with these parts on it

Back
Top Bottom