8800Ultra SLi Case

Associate
Hi, can you guys give some suggestions on some cases to look at.

Im looking to go 8800 Ultra SLi and need a case that I dont need to squeeze them in. The case also MUST have very good cooling but not on the noisy side. I guess im looking at 120mm fans.

Thanks in advance.

Permabanned
...or just buy a single GTX save the rest of the money for the G92 next year or another upgrade

something like the Akasa Eclipse or something from the lian li range is your best bet tbh

Soldato
Not the P190, if you're looking at spending that amount on a computer I doubt you'll want plastic everywhere.

Silverstone and Lian Li are where you should really be looking, possibly a Soldam if you can get one into the country (without it costing you an arm and a leg, which it would :p).

Although I echo what -Nick- said, a single 8800GTX will handle pretty much anything and save you £500, unless you're gonna be running a 30 inch monitor there really isn't any need for more.

Associate
doctoe2260 said:
Could try a stacker 830 or 832 from coolermaster. they're plenty deep enough to take the BIG cards. (832 looks awesome too)

Lol do not get one of those, If I were you I would look into an Akasa Eclipse/Mirage or 1 of the larger lian-li models.

Soldato
I'd 3rd the v2000b too. I've just gone water cooling rout on my v1000b, it's pretty roomy, but i decided to mount my 120.2 rad inside, cant sli that way, but otherwise, would be a fairly decent fit. v2000b gives you the option to upgrade a lot, and not have any issues with spaec.. might migrate to this case one day :)

Permabanned
Dont tell me you gaming on a 17inch monitor? :eek:

SLI waste of money - Ultras waste of money = Uber waste of money. :p :D

Seriously though unless you game on a 30inch+ screen a GTX will be fine.

Associate
-Nick- said:
i believe a modular psu and some cable management would be a good idea

and yea, get i in black lol

Off topic: The top half is fine, there's a 12cm fan mounted in the 5.25" bays. The bottom half is hopeless doing, I'm adding hard drives to it so no point in tieing them all neat and tidy just to rip it out again lol. Front row of drives run at 28-30 degrees, back at 34-35 degrees. Only reason I bought the case was to house 12 hard drives. Also the tagan cables are a pain to bend into position

On topic: The black one looks brilliant :D

Back
Top Bottom