Monthly Salary...

Associate
Hello,

I’ve just started a new job at a school, I’m employed by Rochdale Council, as far as I’m aware, they pay my wages.

I have a question regarding the pay structure, as I’m a little confused.

They say they work on a basis of two weeks behind and two weeks in front, they pay their employees on the 15th of every month.

I started on Monday 16th July 2007 and I’m due to be paid on the 15th August 2007. With the system of two weeks behind and two weeks in front, will I get a full months wage or only two weeks worth?

Thanks for your time. :)

Caporegime
You'd get 6 weeks pay wouldn't you? 4 weeks that you've worked and 2 weeks "in front". Maybe you could get an advance on your wages for the first two weeks at the end of the month so that you're in sync for the normal wage.

Don't get your hopes up though, I'm probably wrong :p

Associate
You'l be paid by the county council and if I remember correctly from working at Hampshire county treasurers you'l get 6 weeks pay based on your start date.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the feedback :cool:

The reason I’m a little confused is I thought I would only get paid for the time that I’ve actually worked, eg, the month. Then as the system is working in hand. I thought I may get paid for two weeks in my first wage.

I’ll be happy getting six weeks worth of wages to cover the new suit, fuel and dinners (now the children have finished for summer)

Associate
You working as a teacher or ICT?

Ive worked in a few schools in Heywood, was on pro rata and the pay was crud after they took off all the holiday.

Associate
OP
v0latile said:
You working as a teacher or ICT?

Ive worked in a few schools in Heywood, was on pro rata and the pay was crud after they took off all the holiday.

I'm working in ICT support in Heywood Community High School, I'm on my placement year from uni.

:)

Back
Top Bottom