whitehall propose muslim only prisons

Soldato
Whilst I do think muslim extremists should be kept away from normal people (in order to stop people being converted), segregation of muslims as a whole in the prison system is stupid.

Soldato
AcidHell2 said:
It depends on the circumstances. if it means there safer and it costs less to guard them, then yes.

It's not as if there proposing this with no valid reasons.

Deluxe1 said:
Yes it would if it was for their own wellbeing and security.

Its going to cost more to build special prisons. Why not keep the few extremists in solitary instead?

Man of Honour
yak.h'cir said:
Whilst I do think muslim extremists should be kept away from normal people (in order to stop people being converted), segregation of muslims as a whole in the prison system is stupid.

With out a news link it's hard to say. but I expect it would be a top security prison, for high risk Muslims. Not for all Muslims.

sr4470 said:
Its going to cost more to build special prisons. Why not keep the few extremists in solitary instead?
A) we need more prisons.
B) solitary is probably against human rights :rolleyes:

Soldato
AcidHell2 said:
With out a news link it's hard to say. but I expect it would be a top security prison, for high risk Muslims. Not for all Muslims.

A) we need more prisons.

Not special Muslim ones though. Surely this might be viewed by them as pandering?

AcidHell2 said:
B) solitary is probably against human rights :rolleyes:

I know this is GD, but please...

Suspended
sr4470, so terrorists who are willing to blow other people up is exactly the same as goverment giving out the death penalty to terrorists?

Yeah right. :rolleyes:

Soldato
squiffy said:
sr4470, so terrorists who are willing to blow other people up is exactly the same as goverment giving out the death penalty to terrorists?

Yeah right. :rolleyes:

The government seems happy to give them special significance, as though they're only type of terrorist or something.

Soldato
Just saw this on the news. What a joke. This is mainly due to the bombers getting attacked/burned etc in prison from the other "white" inmates.

Oh dear. Trying to blow this country up probably wasn't such a sharp idea was it? Tough ****. Let them rot where they are. If they get attacked by inmates, so be it. Its a prison, not a holiday camp.

Soldato
Just goes to show how soft we actually are on terrorists and that we will bend over backwards to try and secure their safety even after they have tried to blow us up.

Soldato
cleanbluesky said:
Is that something we need?

The best way to deal with terrorism (which has worked with ETA in Spain) is to pay no attention to it. Sure, if you catch them, great. If you don't, then keep trying. No need for constant fearmongering.

Soldato
Deluxe1 said:
You cant really compare ETA with Al-Qaeda.

Terrorism is still just that - terrorism, no matter who is doing it or what the purported goals are. That includes excessive fearmongering - after all, it is done for political advantage by scaring the masses, no?

Soldato
sr4470 said:
The government seems happy to give them special significance, as though they're only type of terrorist or something.

Strange that, we never used to do it with the IRA though did we?

vonhelmet said:
Except executions are more expensive than keeping people in prison..

No they are not. Concrete that could be used to build the prison could be bought by the bag at Jewsons, add 1 bucket, fill with concrete and muslims feet, allow to set while heading out to sea, drop off boat in the sea. Job done.

Soldato
Bobbler said:
Strange that, we never used to do it with the IRA though did we?

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or serious. But I'll assume the latter - what good did it do paying them so much attention? In the end, we just became more paranoid (eg being constantly suspicious of Catholics) and enacted more laws (collectively as a state).

Caporegime
This is why I support Guantanamo bay. The ironic thing is that all the human rights brigade will achieve by getting it closed is more human rights violations against their terrorist buddies. I don't think a Taliban is going to be too popular in the general population of a "pound-me-in-the-ass" federal penitentiary.

Back
Top Bottom