Moving In

Associate
So the time has come for me to leave the safety of home and move out. As of wednesday i will be taking up residence with 3 friends in the heart of newcastle. I must admit i cant wait, but im more than a little nervous. Can anyone give me any tips or things i should remember for 1. The moving day, 2. The days after - for example things i might need or bills or things that i will need to sort out...

The place is a fully furnished 5 bedroom house in Jesmond. Id greatly appreciate any advice available to me.

Associate
OP
singist said:
First job when moving in: build/make up your bed so that when you are exhausted at the end of the day, you can fall into bed and get some sleep; trust me.

Haha it will be my first double bed...Cant wait!. Thats the first thing on my list to do.hehe

Soldato
the sooner you get the bills/monthly outgoings organised the sooner you dont have to worry about them.

Make sure you have plenty of snacks too for if any cooking utilities fail .... please dont get take-aways every other day its just too cliché

Associate
OP
Anim said:
the sooner you get the bills/monthly outgoings organised the sooner you dont have to worry about them.

Make sure you have plenty of snacks too for if any cooking utilities fail .... please dont get take-aways every other day its just too cliché

To be honest i couldnt afford every other day take out, im working to a budget ;). Actually that brings me to another question, anyone got and good money saving tips (aside from not buyin things i dont need)?

Soldato
0Shorty said:
To be honest i couldnt afford every other day take out, im working to a budget ;). Actually that brings me to another question, anyone got and good money saving tips (aside from not buyin things i dont need)?

Stealing is really good. Not only do you get the stuff you want, it generally doesn't cost you a penny.

Soldato
money saving tip: Pasta dishes are nice, you can buy large quantities for not very much and it lasts. Make your own lunches if youre going to be out, either a sandwich or make something simple the night before and put it in the fridge.

Associate
OP
Anim said:
money saving tip: Pasta dishes are nice, you can buy large quantities for not very much and it lasts. Make your own lunches if youre going to be out, either a sandwich or make something simple the night before and put it in the fridge.

Cheers, I love pasta and you can put practically anything in them, so sounds like a good idea...Anyone got any others :)

Back
Top Bottom