IT ignorance in movies

Permabanned
slambo69 said:
I remember reading a blog and the guy was saying - 'how come we never see Windows on computers in movies?'

Kind of true, all movies with computers just have some basic, dodgy OS.

Mac OS?

Anyhoo; Jurrassic Park - "Ah, ah, ah! You didn't say the magic word!"

And the "Live Video Feed" of the dock that has a progress bar at the bottom of the window.

*n

daz

daz

Soldato
Volcs said:
Hi 5.

Jurassic Park: "This is a UNIX system...I know this"

Stop scrolling around with your mouse then.

I believe that is (was) an actual GUI available at the time. Something to do with SGI systems.

Associate
m3csl2004 said:
transformers, again with the "hacking" scene lol
Oh man that irritated me!

Can you "rewire" this old computer to output a morse code signal? Of course.

Hmmm here's a signal that hacked into the US Government's mainframe. None of our top analysts have been able to understand it but if I show it to this irritating (read: comic relief) geeky hacker dude he'll solve it in seconds!

Soldato
Flying code that isn't even in human understandable letters.

Noises whenever something is typed, searched, moved, completed, etc...

Edit: hacking satellites with PDAs/mobiles. :p

Permabanned
There's just too many to mention really. My pet 'tech' hate in films is when someone's using a computer and the display is shown to be not only on the monitor, but miraculously projected onto their faces!

I mean, WTF! :confused:

Soldato
not a film but Spooks does have some laughable hacking scences. bits i like are when "oh i need an internet signal. pass me you mobile i'll use it to tap into secret disused military satellites, and crack the whole encryption on my 1st attempt wit hrandom key presses" :rolleyes: and the ability to download a whole PC HDD onto a USB key stick in under a minuite

if only someone would make an accurate film on hacking, then hollywood would see that it isn't glamours or sexy, would be boring but the truth

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom