Whats the most accomplished thing you can play on guitar ?

Soldato
Acoustic:

Cannonball Rag - Merle Travis
Classical Gas - Tommy Emmanuel's arrangement
Drifting - Andy McKee
A Little Bit Of Blues - Gareth Pearson's arrangement
Any of Django's pieces that I can play

Electric:
Decadence Dance - Extreme
Cowboys From Hell - Pantera
Fire - Jimi Hendrix (not technically difficult by any means, but so much fun to play in a band).

Some are a little bit cliché, but all are nice to play. :D

Associate
dm whatever happened to your guitar warrior thing. I reckon this would be a good oppertunity to bring it up :)

Who doesnt have some sort of camera these days, be it phone, webcam, handheld etc.

Prove it or lose it :)

(Thus far the OP has layed down the most unlikely set of tunes to which i call BS. But please, show me wrong)

Last edited:
Permabanned
Phalanx said:
explain this please

Its a response to people claiming to be leet guitarists or posting replies to people showing real ability like 'omgnoobthatissoeasy!' (usually pachebel's canon...)

*n

Soldato
naffa said:
Acoustic:

Cannonball Rag - Merle Travis
Classical Gas - Tommy Emmanuel's arrangement
Drifting - Andy McKee
A Little Bit Of Blues - Gareth Pearson's arrangement
Any of Django's pieces that I can play

Electric:
Decadence Dance - Extreme
Cowboys From Hell - Pantera
Fire - Jimi Hendrix (not technically difficult by any means, but so much fun to play in a band).

Some are a little bit cliché, but all are nice to play. :D

Ooph, you have a good acoustic selection there my friend - someone claiming to be able to play something by Tommy Emmanuel and Andy McKee is a far better player than I! That man is a demon.

I don't really find Django's stuff ever massively hard to play, it's just a bit like shredding on the acoustic. ;)

Soldato
Yeah, it is basically shredding. But getting the tonality of your solos to sound like Gypsy Jazz is where the difficulty lies for me. Technically, I still find it quite difficult, but not as much so as I do theoretically. He's written some bloody nice licks though. :cool:

Associate
Andelusion said:
How is it unlikely that he can play any of the songs listed? :confused:

Eruption, Surfing with the alien and Crossroads are go to 'I can play guitar me' songs.

And i do not recognise his name. The only guitarists i can recall through merit are dmpoole for his experience and AoH for his shredding.

Man of Honour
Clinkz said:
The only guitarists i can recall through merit are dmpoole for his experience and AoH for his shredding.

Honestly, most guys on here would take me apart but I have 37 years of gigging experience and its always my voice that gets me into a band.
AOH is a fantastic guitarist but he lacks experience at the moment.
If only there was some way for us to mate.

Associate
Beerguzzler said:

Had a friend at school who could play that :eek:

The best song i can probably `play` is probably classical gas, but even then its not even close to being mastered (the stage which i would happily play it on stage infront of musicians). Ive been able to play it for about 3/4 years now though, but i dont get time to practice very often (about once every 2 weeks).

I've definitely seen guthrie goven before somewhere. Has he played in chelmsford or essex before? (and he is crazily good!!)

Associate
Toryglen-boy said:
and what can you play?

:confused:

Satch - Always with me, always with you
Starry Night
Until We Say Goodbye (possibly my favourite song/solo of all time)
Friends
Vai - For the Love of God

However, the last three are out of practice.

Im a sucker for a ballad

Back
Top Bottom