Starscream permabanned for being a two-faced liar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Clinkz said:
There is a substantial difference between not following the rules and voicing an opinion. Many of the tales contained within seem to concern people who were unduly banned or treated unfairly.

True, although the ultimate point is that these forums are owned and paid for by Spie, so what he says goes, whether or not it is or isn't unfair, in anyone elses eyes. <shrug>

Soldato
Morba said:
some of it is clarification of suspensions and bans, which i am sure a lot of people would be interested in, as the general rule on here is 'no talk about other members suspensions/bans'.

Who cares about clarification as to why people were suspended or banned. It's a forum, not a soap opera.

Seriously, I could imagine slating a company for being fired for a reason you didn't agree with, but doing so for being booted from a free forum seems a little childish and immature.

Permabanned
Mekrel said:
Err how does it?

I typed the word in a joking way, to which it was taken as disguising a swear word. I never meant to disguise it, and I don't class the word as a swear word.

Doesn't matter if I agree with it or not, I like the forum - mainly for hardware. I very rarely post in the life sections. I don't find the rules hard to follow, and I, as a guest - have no right to complain about them.

Either be a member and post, or don't.

Simple.

an innocent swear word hardly warrants suspending someone who otherwise most likely contributes good content to the forum.

That's the only thing I can seriously criticise about this forum, everyone who posts is usually cool, the problem is none of us can really express ourselves because we've got a nouse around our necks which exists only to serve the 1% of users who are assumed to be afraid of faeces, genitals and other controversial ideas.

Soldato
Clinkz said:
There is a substantial difference between not following the rules and voicing an opinion. Many of the tales contained within seem to concern people who were unduly banned or treated unfairly.

Why do you need to voice an opinion?

If you have issues with a rule, then email an admin about it.

If you have a problem with the shop, web note the shop, email or phone. The forums are not a way of support.

The people voicing opinions are going about it the wrong way, the only reason they post about it on the public forum is to act as some sort of Sparticus.

I don't care that the rules are strict, there is good content on the forum for hardware and if I post for help on an issue - the thread is usually full of tips within 30 mins.

Caporegime
Mekrel said:
Who cares about clarification as to why people were suspended or banned. It's a forum, not a soap opera.

when active people get banned, a lot of threads get started asking about it, also plenty of posts in other threads questioning the ban.
you have to remember that ocuk is the pinacle of some peoples online life ;]

Soldato
Phalanx said:
an innocent swear word hardly warrants suspending someone who otherwise most likely contributes good content to the forum.

That's the only thing I can seriously criticise about this forum, everyone who posts is usually cool, the problem is none of us can really express ourselves because we've got a nouse around our necks which exists only to serve the 1% of users who are assumed to be afraid of faeces, genitals and other controversial ideas.

That was the decision, and it was only 7 days.

I don't feel as if I have a noose around my neck when I post. I don't feel the need to swear in vocal communication to get my point accross, so don't feel the need to on here either.

The swear word I used was how the Irish sterotypically pronounce what you would do to a woman. Using an e instead of a u.

Soldato
That has got to be the fastest deleted post I've ever made! It had gone by the time I refreshed the page! By that I presume I was right as to what, in particular, spie's so upset about - though I can't mention it :p

Permabanned
Mekrel said:
That was the decision, and it was only 7 days.

7 days!?

Mekrel said:
I don't feel as if I have a noose around my neck when I post. I don't feel the need to swear in vocal communication to get my point accross, so don't feel the need to on here either.

Here's an example, I made a thread a while ago about people commiting suicide over the net (since i was reading about it in Encyclopedia Dramatica). The carebear restrictions this forum has made it impossible to actually voice my opinion about the subject since there was no possible way to back up any of my information.

Another example of this is when linking to funny videos or websites, you're even under the jurisdiction of the rules even if you didn't post any swear words and linked to a site containing the word "poo".

Man of Honour
Phalanx, it is a system which has been in place for over 7 years and it is proven to work. The success of this online community is down to the way it is run and the rules which have been put in place by Spie.

If you don't like it I'm sure you can find the door.

Permabanned
Scuzi said:
Phalanx, it is a system which has been in place for over 7 years and it is proven to work. The success of this online community is down to the way it is run and the rules which have been put in place by Spie.

that's such a stereotypical answer though, it doesn't say in the rules (since we're being so critical of what's right and what's wrong this evening) anywhere that i'm not allowed to criticise the system. Unless i missed something surely?

Scuzi said:
If you don't like it I'm sure you can find the door.

You must've missed the post where i said

Phalanx said:
That's the only thing I can seriously criticise about this forum, everyone who posts is usually cool

Soldato
Yeah, but thats why everyone (well majoirty) who post here are cool. The moderating works and I'm sure anything that didn't work was changed and has shapped into what we have as rules today.

As for posting material, it's a family forum so it goes to say really that you should check what language is being used.

People post/read from work, and again, the content they browse are monitored by IT.

I have a company pentablet that I take out in the field, and when my PC is in parts I use that to browse OcUK. I have to use the company VPN and proxy to browse so they can moderate what I look at.

Some will say "omfgz your company iz leik nazis man, they iz takin your freedomz aint it" but that would be stupid. The pentablet is an asset that belongs to them. It's a pleasure and not a right for me to use it for personal use.

Just like these forums.

Permabanned
can't be bothered discussing this anymore. I suppose ultimately, as long as i'm not a Don, i cannot achieve anything other than a desperate plea for attention.

I'll climb the ranks, become a Don, and then i'll do to the system what dogs do to make babies :p

Soldato
Who cares?

Actually, too many people. Not sure what's sadder, that forum, the hunting down of people on said forum, the direct or indirect bottom kissing that is going on, on both forums.

I dream of an internet where we can all dance happily...

Associate
It does make an interesting read, if only to clear a few things up.

I do kinda want to see a certain picture discussed a few times on there though :p

Permabanned
anewbe4u said:
Seems like a waste of the courts time if anything does get taken further if I'm honest.

I'm not saying its right but if it gets shut down surely thats enough?

You can imagine the judge.... Hmmm interweb geeks lolzs!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom