OcUK Photo Comp - Season Six : Round Seven - "Abstract" DISCUSSION

Associate
messiah khan said:
3 toads legs, the eye of a fire beetle and an ancient and very dangerous incantation. ;) Ive changed it now btw. Might still change, but for now, thats the one.

I have a fairly good idea what that is, as I tried something similar

Soldato
Great impact Messiah - it feels like it could be a little sharper.

I was going to guess that it's two fairly viscous fluids, one being injected into the other - shutter speed and high ISO suggests otherwise. Milk in water? Paint in water? Paint in oil?

Either way cool :D

Permabanned
Entered my picture, didnt expect to enter in this time as im on holiday in Malaysia. I just got a new camera for not a right lot (Fuji s5700) and was messing around with the macro function and got the picture of a beer glass.

Aod

Aod

Soldato
i have (as i postulated a while ago) changed my entry.

i'm sorry about the noise in the image, it was taken at ISO800 because it was quite dark.

Associate
I have entered my first ever photo, although I am not sure how to get the image the same size as the others posted? I used imageshack but it only display a thumbnail? Is it possible to link directly to the photo on my Flickr site? Bit confused about this ... no doubt stupidly simple answer! :)

Some really nice shots in the Abstract section.

Last edited:
Associate
I am up and entered - Can you guess what it is?

Been having a hard time selecting a picture that matches the theme as I have had far to many ideas this round. Questions like what is going to have the most impact in an abstract composition and do recognisable objects photographed in a creative way fit the theme have need to be answered.

Decided to go with the current image and let the judges decide ;)

Just hoping that the image translates to everyones screen the same. I see the yellows as a deep firey ochre colour with a hint of purple in the top edge of the object... Look the same on your screen?

Soldato
Yeah, No. 11 Swann Morton scalpel blades. We have hundreds of used ones at work (used for cutting card/rubber/plastic, not people :p). Cheers for the comments ;)

I managed to stab myself a couple of times. Evil thing it was! Maybe the world's first killer Braeburn?

Back
Top Bottom