CATS!!!! ARGH!!!! help me!

Soldato
Cant believe that open discussion of cruelty to animals is being discussed on a supposedly family forum. Including the killing of cats by one of its moderators.
You sicken the hell out of me .

HAz

HAz

Soldato
Not trying to sound the keyboard warrior type, but if I found out my cat had been poisoned by some clown next door he wouldn't be living next door to me for much longer.

If your really considering something as irresponsible as that, then I suggest you talk to your neighbour first!

Caporegime
HAz said:
Not trying to sound the keyboard warrior type, but if I found out my cat had been poisoned by some clown next door he wouldn't be living next door to me for much longer.

If your really considering something as irresponsible as that, then I suggest you talk to your neighbour first!

Or perhaps a psychriatrist.

Soldato
Bobbler said:
Cant believe that open discussion of cruelty to animals is being discussed on a supposedly family forum. Including the killing of cats by one of its moderators.
You sicken the hell out of me .

Because the "cruelty" is said in jest, no-one is seriously telling the bloke to go out and harm animals.

Man of Honour
Wicksta said:
I'd be pretty disappointed in you if you did do that, but thankfully I don't believe your story. 10 miles away isn't that far for a cat to get home from and I'd bet at least one of the three would have made it home if you were telling the truth.
I can assure you that I tell the truth and that the cats have not returned. I suspect they were wild as nobody in the cul-de-sac owned them.

Permabanned
andy said:
how ? i feel id do the same , people who kill defenseless animals that are loved by people are pure scum

Maybe they are but would you go down for murder someone killing your cat lol. :p

Permabanned
andy said:
how ? i feel id do the same , people who kill defenseless animals that are loved by people are pure scum

Indeed, if people get annoyed by cat poop that's fine, but don't take it out on the cat. They don't know what they're doing. They can't help it.

Associate
i feel for the OP. Ive got the same problem here, too the point im trying to think of ways of protecting my land. Mine is the front, when i extended the drive using gravel it got so much worse and all the cat lovers at work said its the cats that think it cat litter and so use it.

So £3k later and a nice block paved drive and its still going on, right on the paves. Like you i think all the local cats use the front garden as a meeting point.

We had the problem in the back garden and now ive chased them off (because im not watched as mush there by th emosey lot in the street) it has helped limit the problem. Out the front i cant do anything, the cats even know it i swear it.

I thought of kiling them, but like one posted has said the cats dont really understand what they are doing wrong. So i have to teach them, wihtout hurting them like shooting them with a gun. What have i come up with.....

Find the path they take into your garden, it will be the same they use every time, then go and buy 50 mouse traps. Dirt cheep to buy, now set them on the ground at the bottom of the fence. The cats wont know what they are first time round and will jump on them. They wont do it again. You cant be blamed for deliberatly setting out to hurt them as u can say you have a mouse problem. You cant be blames, the cat has now be tought and its a cheap fix.

The rat trap mentioned earlier was a thought i had too, but it meant death and not a nip.

I think cats are like their owners, selfish, ignorant and annoying. I bet if they had to put up with someone elses pets poop they would soon kill the animal.

All i got to do now is work out how to deal with my front garden problem (cant use mouse traps as its all open and theres no fences to jump down from.

ps, when i fitted a new wooden gate at the side of my house and the local pests were using it as a scratch post. i used 1 dozen nails with there heads cut of and nailed them sticking out in the area they were using. that sorted it. I wish i could have seen the cats when they scratched the post and it bit them hard.

pps, a nitro radio controlled car also works great.

Soldato
I would do the following :

A - Talk to the owners see if theres anything they can do.
B - Buy the Water Thing Above ^^
C - Capture the cat but dont kill it drive a few miles away and leave it there at least give it a chance to live etc.

Associate
wow slow down there bobbler. if u think it fine for someones animal to crap on your land fine, but dont expect me to think its fine.

I stand by my comments, a dog owner is different, you have to give time to get respect from a dog. A cat owner is the oposite, It pats the cats back every now and then and everyone else has to suffer the downsides of it AND the owner knows it and ignores it.

These are the type of people who wouldnt look after a gold fish as its too hard to keep cleaning the tank out every week. Why are there so many cats, because its 'easy' to own one. If any real work was needed to keep one then they wouldnt own one. Makes me sick when u think people like this have the ability to create there own babies. No wonder the uk is doomed.

Please tell me whos the jockey?

and dont get personal, i didnt.

Soldato
Moorron said:
wow slow down there bobbler. if u think it fine for someones animal to crap on your land fine, but dont expect me to think its fine.

I stand by my comments, a dog owner is different, you have to give time to get respect from a dog. A cat owner is the oposite, It pats the cats back every now and then and everyone else has to suffer the downsides of it AND the owner knows it and ignores it.

These are the type of people who wouldnt look after a gold fish as its too hard to keep cleaning the tank out every week. Why are there so many cats, because its 'easy' to own one. If any real work was needed to keep one then they wouldnt own one. Makes me sick when u think people like this have the ability to create there own babies. No wonder the uk is doomed.

I will continue to get personal as much as I like to be honest. As long as the open discussion of tormenting, killing or maiming animals continues I will continue to post derogatory comments about those who wish to think they are somehow "great" or its "fun" to do things to animals.
I must feature pretty low then in your eyes, given as I own two cats? Did I mention I also own two dogs? Or 25 tropical fish? Does that make it wrong that I should own a cat then?
The abuse of animals sickens me to my stomach more than anything other than the abuse of children.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Moorron said:

What on earth?, talk about stereotyping LOL Grow up a bit, you can't group people who "own cats" to all be like that.

The amount of posts on here about cruelty to animals is shocking.

There are numerous none offensive ways of dealing with these problems.

1) As I've already mentioned is pheromone spray from the vets, you just spray it where the cat normally enters the garden and also where it normally does its business, within a couple of days it wont be back

2) The trick about using lions scent from the zoo, does work, but is a little more awkward to get hold of! (the sprays i mentioned above is basically the same thing, just chemically produced)

spraying them with water does not always work, as my cats love it.

These poor cats are going about their natural business, you can't hurt them for that, they mean no harm to you. If it was coming over attacking you or your children then something must be done as it is dangerous but it isnt.

Associate
Bobbler said:
I will continue to get personal as much as I like to be honest. As long as the open discussion of tormenting, killing or maiming animals continues I will continue to post derogatory comments about those who wish to think they are somehow "great" or its "fun" to do things to animals.
I must feature pretty low then in your eyes, given as I own two cats? Did I mention I also own two dogs? Or 25 tropical fish? Does that make it wrong that I should own a cat then?
The abuse of animals sickens me to my stomach more than anything other than the abuse of children.
Where do you get the impression that he finds it "great" or "fun"? I'm sure he would rather not have to deal with a situation like this in the first place.

Associate
i got no problems with any anti killing torture comments on here, but u have to take into account these people are at the end of there teathers. Because no one wants to take responsabilty.

I have found a way i felt was as just for the actions of the cat (or any pet) to lighty hurt it so it learned it was doing wrong. Are you saying i should just shout at it, maybe this would hurt it also. so i should just let it do what it wants then?

If you are saying that anything in life should go unpunished then i hate to live in your world.

Suspended
If a puppy crapped on your carpet repeatedly would you guys poison it or shoot it? Methinks not

If the OP finds a solution that works i'd make it the one that was the most fun. the super soaker idea would have to be the first one i tried. Lying there waiting to ambush the little git :p

Soldato
When I was living at home we had a neighbours cat keep crapping on our lawn, Mum stuck down lemon juice and small sticks pointing out of the ground in a row in order to keep them out of the area, neither seemed to work and a new method was required comprising of cups and water....muchos fun to watch the little bugger run!

I also can confirm that not all cats bury their poo, some seem to leave it as some kind of trophy.

Back
Top Bottom