Soldato
Line-up:
Amy Winehouse
The Coral
Supergrass
Arctic Monkeys - Obviously!

Doors - 2pm - 10.30pm

Anyone going this weekend?

I'm going with a load of friends on the Saturday, so far the weather looks noticably better than the Sunday :D But who knows when the next monsoon will hit!

I'm not overly bothered about the warm up and if I'm honest the Cricket Ground isn't a good place to spend an entire day. Went to Ashcroft last year and the whole bar, food and toilets were a joke. Probably going to go down later on for Supergrass and Arctic Monkeys. :)

Associate
Went to the LCCC for 2 days to watch a test match in June and the facilities were more than adequate. Plenty of bars and food places. The arctic monkeys aren't even the best band on their own bill. Poor live IMO no craic with the crowd, no antics. quite dull

Soldato
im going wooo didnt know the full line up :D

Im well happy now

Andy

EDIT: What was up with going for the day? Toilets bad - ques or just rough?? Food bad - expensive?

Last edited:
Soldato
Im going too.

Will be there on the saturday. Hitting manchester on the friday night as well so probably going to be a state saturday. oh well :p hope it doesnt rain

Soldato
OP
VonClinkerhofen said:
Went to the LCCC for 2 days to watch a test match in June and the facilities were more than adequate. Plenty of bars and food places. The arctic monkeys aren't even the best band on their own bill. Poor live IMO no craic with the crowd, no antics. quite dull

Watching cricket there and going to a gig there is pretty different. Theres quite a few extra people there.

Last year they had all the food and bars and toilets down in the bottom corner and it was basically grid-lock! The whole area next to the stand was just a mass of people. There weren't near enough toilets (they had port-a-loos aswell as the stand toilets). Not much of a problem for the guys, just go against the fence, but even women resorted to this, girls were squatting behind bins etc, NICE! :p

I'm going later and getting smashed beforehand.

It's a good venue visability wise though. As for them being ****, I've seen them many times and have always enjoyed it :)

Soldato
Well.. was great. The Parrots were a treat... japanese beatles cover band.. sounded 100% like the beatles and kinda looked the same... loved their blue jackets.

Arctic Monkeys were good as well.. didnt enjoy coral.. supergrass was ok.. amy winehouse quite good to be honest.. even though she is a scruff.

Best moment of the night...

"Your not singing, your not singing, your not singing anymore... your not singing anymore!"

for those that dont know.. the sound went off during the arctic monkeys set and they didnt realise and kept on playing for a song whilst the crows sang that and booed... i bet they crapped themselves at all the booing, till a nice tech guy went onstage to tell them.

Good times.. well done to them they were class at the end of the day, even though i was hammered on rose wine.. hideous! :)

Soldato
Haha i was there on the saturday too - funny when the power dropped :D

The Parrots - Were great
Amy Winehouse - Was boring - bet shes better when shes hammered ;)
The Coral - Were ok
Supergrass - Excellent
Arctic Monkeys - Brilliant

All in all a good day - Agree with TT, Food and Toilets were shocking!!!!

Andy

Soldato
-=BAF=-AXE said:
Haha i was there on the saturday too - funny when the power dropped :D

The Parrots - Were great
Amy Winehouse - Was boring - bet shes better when shes hammered ;)
The Coral - Were ok
Supergrass - Excellent
Arctic Monkeys - Brilliant

All in all a good day - Agree with TT, Food and Toilets were shocking!!!!

Andy

I was nearly robbed £5 for a hotdog by some guy speaking polish... The toilets were shocking... ages away from the stage it was squeaky bum time whilst watching the sets.

The food was rediculously overpriced, but it always is.. thats all people care about robbing you of your money. I spent £50 on one hotdog and the rest pints and rose.. i was a disgrace tbh :p

Soldato
OP
Knew it would be terrible organisation, well done SJM concerts.

I only got there late at 530-600pm and I glad I did! I was VERY nicely tunned in already so only had to queue at the bar once, which took about an hour. Five pints purchased and I was set for the last of Supergrass and of course the arctics.

Arctic Monkeys were brilliant as ever, great interaction and a good laugh. Glad I wasn't there all day though.

Mared by - £3.10 for a pint which took an hour to get at least. Shocking priced food. One exit at the end. I saw serveral large brawls in the crowd. Toilets didn't really affect me as I only went once and managed to walk straight up to a urinal. My girlfriend who wasn't in the same group as me (tried finding her but gave up) queued for ages though.

A nice bonus was listening to the gig on the Sunday from the comfort of my apartment in Town! :eek: Yep, you could hear it 1.5miles away! :p

Great performance - ****ing shockingly **** venue :)

P.S - Managed to just spend £15 on 5 pints which I bought at the same time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom