My ATR

Soldato
Never took any pictures of my car till now...

Gave it a quick wash today. Wish I hadn't because I can see all the imperfections in the bodywork, (scratches, swirl marks - nothing too bad, just needs a good polish).

When I get time off from work, I think I'll spend a few days cleaning everything up properly so when it comes to washing it normally it will come up clean. Will clean the interior properly, windows, black bits (dash etc), door sills & hinges, rubber seals. Then outside i'll polish it several times using various different products and seal it over with some decent wax or something.

I've taken one wheel off already and cleaned up the inside of it and all the spokes using some alloy wheel cleaner, forgot what it's called. It's pretty good though, requires lots of elbow grease and one of those fly remover sponges. Will do the others and put a polish on them, though what I don't know?

Anyway, pictures (apologies for the eye-sore):

dscf0006ly3.jpg

dscf0007wd6.jpg

dscf0010yi0.jpg

dscf0013xz9.jpg

dscf0014ga1.jpg

My goal is to get an Evo 5 next year. I think it's do-able.

Soldato
Nice car, but I'm more interested in that Rover.

Specs/pics?

:D

Just joking. I do like the Accord Type-R. How are you finding it now that you've had it a while? Got used to the increased fuel useage?

Soldato
OP
Lol, I had to drive that Rover for a week and it wasn't too bad actually! Revs all the way to 7krpm with no drop-off! :p

Fuel consumption is better since I replaced the primary Lambda, actually got 300 miles out of it! And they were not steady miles either lol.

Going out now. I'll write up my thoughts on the car tomorrow evening when I get in from work. :)

Soldato
Love it, I'm hopefully going to be getting the 1.8 Vtec as my first car and i cant wait.

Does the spoiler look good irl?, it looks great in the pics but pics never look the same as the real thing.

Soldato
Mark A said:
Love it, I'm hopefully going to be getting the 1.8 Vtec as my first car and i cant wait.

Does the spoiler look good irl?, it looks great in the pics but pics never look the same as the real thing.

as a general rle, spoilers look good if they are meant to be there as standard, most aftermarket jobbies look pap though.

Soldato
OP
Ollie's Gadgets said:
Really interested to hear some more about what you think of the drive especially the handling.

I am looking at similar cars to you were, MR2, ITR and ATR so any thoughts would be really appreciated.

Ok, first of all the handling of the car is quite soft, it could do with being a bit stiffer. It's quite strange because on some roads you feel every single little bump but when you're pressing it into corners it just sticks to the road. It's quite a comfortable place to be even with the bucket seats, it's quite basic though with just air con and electric windows, c/l & r/l.

I haven't really pushed it hard if I'm honest, too afraid of what could happen lol.

The car to begin with felt like it had no-go before VTEC (5,800rpm) but since I've cleaned out the inlet manifold, EGR valve and replaced the primary lambda sensor it's much better. Don't even need VTEC for driving normally.

The only thing with these sorts of cars is that you've really got to be quite brutal with it if you want it to go fast. You got to change just before the limiter in all the gears (apart from 4th) to jump back into the VTEC. When you do get it right (takes a while to get used to it) it does go some. :cool:

Sounds very nice too, even before VTEC. :D

I've not driven an MR2 or even been in one so cannot compare. I have been in a JDM ITR DC2 and the handling in that felt the same.

Can't really think of much else really. Doesn't excite me at all but I think that's because I'm not pushing it to it's limit...might have to get it on a track somewhere. :)

Mark, spoiler does look good though can't see much beyond it in the rear view mirror :p Have to duck to see under it.

Associate
Enfield with the std induction system the car sounds uninspiring but trust me I swapped for a K&N typhoon and lets just say VTEC+Tunnel+Typhoon= :D

Back
Top Bottom