Stupid things you have done in life

Soldato
Fairly standard; thought I was a 'Glaaadiiiatooor' (the Ulrika type), dived over a couch heroically and smashed my head on the fireplace. :(

Tried to lock my brothers out of the house by closing the patio door. Unfortunately I closed the door on my finger resulting in slicing the tip off, I now have a diagonal fingertip as opposed to semi-circular. :(

When eating a steak once lying on my front I went to change the t.v channel with the controller a few feet away. Cue stabbing myself in the leg with a steak knife, chipping my bone, bleeding everywhere and crying like a big baby after I pulled the steak knife out.

Associate
hitting a WD40 can with a baseball bat. its like a bloody bomb!. singed my head and my jeans went on fire.

inspired a little experiment 2 weeks later though hehe, lined up about 15 cans and shot one with an air-rifle, making em all explode in sequence. was hilarious,but the neighbours and their pets didnt think so ;)

Soldato
GAMEfreak said:
hitting a WD40 can with a baseball bat. its like a bloody bomb!. singed my head and my jeans went on fire.

inspired a little experiment 2 weeks later though hehe, lined up about 15 cans and shot one with an air-rifle, making em all explode in sequence. was hilarious,but the neighbours and their pets didnt think so ;)

Good man,any REAL man would have done the same.

Would diving from my window ledge onto my bed(like a suplex or something,whatever the move was called) and braking my bed down the middle be classed as stupid? Had to put two of my belts around the central beam so my dad didnt notice and shout at me. :o

Soldato
Cutting my finger off with a steak knife was probably the stupidest thing I've ever done. I was working in a kitchen, had an argument with the now ex Mrs. before going to work and got a bit stressed. Stabbed a frozen pack of bacon with said steak knife whilst wearing a wet latex glove. My hand went down the handle, over the blade and took the end of my finger with it. Had the knife been facing the other way I would have probably severed my hand in half, so I got off quite lightly. However, I still spent a week in hospital. :s

The second most stupid thing I've done is when a mate of mine chucked a pack of 9V batteries onto a camp fire. When the first one exploded I dived on top of a female friend of mine to protect her from any further explosions. This in itself wasn't stupid and was quite a selfless act. However, getting hit in the shoulder by a piece of burning battery covered in boiling alkali wasn't good, and neither was the attention I received for months afterwords by said female friend who I didn't find in the least bit attractive.

There are plenty more stories similar to this throughout my childhood, like the time 3 of my closest friends and I found some old furniture in a storage shed next to a barn that my parents were converting into a house. We were bored so we decided to smash up all the furniture. About an hour later my dad walked into the shed to find us still continuing the carnage and explained in no uncertain terms that we had just destroyed several thousand pounds worth of antiques!

One of the best stories wasn't something I did but something my best friend at the time did. He was a little bit inebriated and decided to clime a tree in one of my mates gardens with a can of petrol. The result was a two story wall of flame that knocked him from the top of the tree, set fire to the pond below the tree killing all of the resident fish and giving him 3rd degree burns all the way up his legs from his ankles to his waist. It was at a house party and my mates in the second story bedroom swear that they could see the flames from the window, and my clearest memory of the incident is watching out of the kitchen window as my best friend rolled around on the grass trying to put out the flames that were creeping up his legs!

Panzer

Soldato
Kreeeee said:
Any particular reason for playing with it rather than getting it cleaned and stitched as soon as possible?
I got it cleaned a bit, while waiting for the bleeding to slow took some pics/video as a souveneer (sp?) ;) and then proceeded to clean it properly and put a plaster on it. I wouldn't go to get stictches on something that small, they'd laugh at me for having waited for so long for absolutely no reason :(

Renatukasza said:
Ahhhhhhhh! My leg! quick where's my camera!!! :p
Actually i just sort of carried on biking on the lawn for a bit.... well, 15-20 minutes or so.

benktlottie said:
You remind me and my wife of Napolean Dynamite! LOL
Ha ha, at least its of something cool. Watched it on film4 again earlier, wicked film. Upset that my obviously amazing ND impression wasn't worthy of a comment though :(

G-MAN2004 said:
LOL (Left you a comment as well)
Ha ha, wicked cheers dude. The more the merrier :cool:

Soldato
Panzerbjorn said:
There are plenty more stories similar to this throughout my childhood, like the time 3 of my closest friends and I found some old furniture in a storage shed next to a barn that my parents were converting into a house. We were bored so we decided to smash up all the furniture. About an hour later my dad walked into the shed to find us still continuing the carnage and explained in no uncertain terms that we had just destroyed several thousand pounds worth of antiques!
I have a mental image of this in my head and it sounds hilarious! :D

Soldato
cleanbluesky said:
I suppose the most stupid things I have done in my life is treating people I care about poorly, tres stupide!

I'll second that.

Also personally, being high on weed for 5 years, pretty much straight through. Very destructive (stay away from drugs kids), though that's been 4 years ago now.

An example of the many many stupid mistakes I've made would be the time I nearly got done for badger baiting (and eventually got done for resisting arrest). I was with a friend in a field behind some rather posh houses armed with a gasgas 125 (trials bike) and a pair of shovels, hoping to make a few jumps. Anyway someone must have called the cops R.E. the suspected badger baiting. And the next thing we knew there were 2 police range rovers and 3 police scramblers burning across the field. We thought it best to leg it on the bike.. 1 and a half miles later one of the scrambler cops found us hiding at the bottom of a 20ft drop.
How he got down it on a scrambler I'll never know, we had to literally throw the trail bike down it, and I went back a few times afterwards, sort of became a mission. Never the less, the folks took my bike off me for a few months and I missed a load of trials.
Anyway, I got the bike back and promptly drove it into the side of a police car parked at the end of an alleyway (in my defense the car shouldn't have been there, and I was on the way to the train tracks/woods :p). Never got the bike back after that.

Others would be having my house searched under section 5 of the firearms act (for buying pepper spray from ebay, how clever). Or more recently whilst filming student protests at faslane in Scotland (the nuclear sub site) trying to outrun an MOD vehicle in my car (through the 'twisties', then pulling over very sharply, getting out and walking straight up to the guys window and screaming "YESSSSSS!". Not clever. They seem to take security quite seriously around there :p.

Associate
burnsy2023 said:
Spraying your hand with deodorant and then setting it alight and thinking it wasn't a totally stupid idea?

Burnsy

set my own nutsack on fire using a similar technique once.

It was a £20 bet when I was out on the beer with my rugby team.

Probably the single most painful thing I have ever experienced.

Got my 20 quids though.

TG

Soldato
Azagoth said:
Does lobbing a flashbang into an (empty) ammo storage bunker whilst there was quite a few cadets in there count as stupid?

As long as you shouted fir in the hole? Did you have a wallhack to know they were in there?

*goes to play css* :o

Man of Honour
Stuck my finger into a cars cigarette lighter when I was 8, left a mark for a long time. Luckily we were just outside a supermarket so I spent the whole time running from freezer department to freezer department sticking my hand in.

Soldato
Zefan said:
Stuck my finger into a cars cigarette lighter when I was 8, left a mark for a long time. Luckily we were just outside a supermarket so I spent the whole time running from freezer department to freezer department sticking my hand in.

lol you n00b :p

some of you guys on here are absolute idiots..

but we've all been there

Soldato
The_TailGunner said:
set my own nutsack on fire using a similar technique once.

It was a £20 bet when I was out on the beer with my rugby team.

Probably the single most painful thing I have ever experienced.

Got my 20 quids though.

TG

Dude you got short changed there :p

The ones I'm thinking of aren't that interesting, and mostly involve inadvertantly setting stuff on fire.

Tru

Tru

Soldato
Jonny ///M said:
Most recent one was meeting a girl at a club......ending up in a relationship for sex......slept with some woman(dunno how old) in a close cause we couldnt get her door open finished off and got the **** out of that close as fast as possible. Didnt get her name,number or anything. :o Oh the daft thing was i wasnt protected and i had a gf. Didnt stop me ending up with a girl in a doorway in town....still with the gf at that time aswell.

Man i should lay of drink.

*forgot to add it was pretty stupid to tell the gf at the time what i had done to her mate while i lay in bed with her. :o :o
Jonny, you've posted this story about 6 times, including in the 'anonymous' confession thread, it's time to move on. ;)

Capodecina
Permabanned
Home-made do it yourself absailing.

Yes you heard it here. Found a nice big tree in the wood behind our old house. Tied a stick to one end of some rope like a swing, threw one end over the tree. Had some fun sitting on the twing and letting someone else slack the rope and lower you down...

Decided it would be more fun if I hung onto the stick instead of sitting... second I grabbed hold of it and started to get lowered down I just let go and dropped about 20 feet to the floor.

Never broke anything but OH MY GOD IT HURT.

Then I remember riding down a field on my bike and it had a really small wire across the feel to stop the cows going into one half of it. It was so thin I couldn't see it still the last second, had to skid and just slid under it, nearly chopped my ear off on the metal wire though. That could easily of been a LOT worse.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom