Tintin in the Congo

Suspended
AcidHell2 said:
I used to love tintin as a boy. Also yes sales have gone through the roof for that book. It's a great victory for common sense over pc pap.
I don't think that people are buying it because they want to fight the idiocy of political correctness. Merely that they've been made aware of it by all the media coverage and they want to see what it's about for themselves. In that respect it's no different from someone buying the latest Harry Potter books!

Man of Honour
Arcade Fire said:
Merely that they've been made aware of it by all the media coverage and they want to see what it's about for themselves.

I'm sure that is the case, it's still a victory for common sense though, what ever the thought process behind it.

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
Azagoth said:
Does this contain the very serious issue of exploding Rhino's with dynamite, or is it the Politically Correct version. ;)

I'm pretty sure this is the PC version in that respect, replaced with the rhino accidently firing the gun and running away. The real version is the black and white one from the 1930s, which is quite different in a number of ways (no thompson family, it being nighttime rather than daytime etc)

Back
Top Bottom