Why no surround sound?

Associate
Hi guys, just moved my main computer from upstairs to hook it up to the tosh 37" in my lounge and hooked it up to my pioneer home cinema set-up.

I'm using the onboard spdif output on the my asus mobo, and have connected it to the same socket that my xbox 360 was plugged into on the pioneer using the same cable, so i know the cable and connection work.

But i seem to only be able to get 2 channels working, the front 2.

I've had a poke around in the realtek software, and it shows that spdif is an option, but just can't see if i can enable it anywhere.

Any help?

Associate
Is there an option for different types of audio output? I've never dealt much with onboard sound but my Audigy has a tool which allows me to chose from Headphones, 2.1, 4.1, 7.1 etc.

If its on 2.1 only my front 2 speakers work as you woudl expect and it sounds like what you have.

Associate
I'm not quite sure if this is what you need, but i'll give it a shot.

Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Sound and audio devices

The go to advanced under speaker settings, there you should be able to select what speaker setup you have and technically resolve it. Give it a shot, thats purely from memory though so it may not work :)

Associate
I had this problem and the only way i got it working before i sent my amp off for a firmware update.Was through vlc player, then changing the audiotrack and output. Didnt have much chance to mess with other options.

Back
Top Bottom