320 gig Hard drive and XP

Associate
Hi
Need a Little help with my 320gig HD as im a little confused when installing it with windows xp. i know xp can only take up to a certain amount but i thought that xp service pak 2 fixed the problem.
if its possible could someone please give me a step by step instructions on how to get my full 320gig or most of it back.
thank you :)
Tim

Permabanned
Pfff XP, getting on a bit now isnt it? :p :D

You want Vista mate. No probelms what so ever ;) ;)

Anyway, have you installed XP and in My Computer its only showing like 127GB?

Or is it when your choosing your partion just before your ready to install XP?

Associate
OP
Well when at the format screen its only given me 30 gig. tried partion the drives but still having no luck just get 2 -15 gig drives.
just wondering what im doing wrong. we love a copy of vista but times are hard lol

Suspended
Windows XP2 will work fine with 320GB.
The Windows CD has built in partition software. It's during the "blue DOS screen" type setup, prior to copying files to the HD.

Do you have BIOS set to "auto"

Associate
OP
So ill make sure the BOIS is set to auto and when the partion part comes up ill split the hard disk into 2 and install xp on the partioned drive and leave the other one raw. and let wondows find it when sp2 has installed.
is this on the right lines, iv really dont have a scoob now /cry :(
tim

Permabanned
Pop your XP CD in, restart your pc, press any key to boot from cd.

Then just follow the onscreen instructions.

One you get to the point where you have to choose a partion, press c to create partion, then enter and XP will install for you.

Once XP has installed fully and your on the desktop, go to My Computer and click on your C: Local Drive and then on the left hand side see what size your Hard Disk is.

Though remember, this will wipe all of your data off.

You are on a diffrent pc right? ;)

Back
Top Bottom