Anyone in Stoke with a van?

Soldato
Basically i could do with a favour. Im due to move home any time now. I can hire a van but i wouldnt feel comfortable driving a vehicle that large.

Does anyone locally have a van they would be prepared to drive for me and also help me to load this end and help my wife to unload the other end? We'd be looking at maybe 3 - 4 hours

Id pay you for your time and fuel would be very greatful for any help otherwise were stuck as i dont have a car i can use either.

Apologies if this isnt allowed :)

Permabanned
That is the epitomy of very bad timing. My mate has just got shot of his Luton van, Monday just gone. He's just down the road from me too, in Stoke itself. :(

Soldato
OP
I know the guy accross the road also got shot of his van the other day which sucks.

Whats the smallest van im likley to need to get a half and half freidge/freezer, a 3 seater sofa and dismantled wardrobes in? Obviously not all at the same time, were only moving a short distance so makiong several trips isnt a problem

Skyfall said:
Sorry to be off topic, but someone asking 'Anyone in stoke with a van?' on a forum just tickled me :)

would surprise me in any other forum but not this one, has happened before iirc, not with a van but i think someone went to someones housejust ot help them set up a pc.

Permabanned
MeatLoaf said:
I know the guy accross the road also got shot of his van the other day which sucks.

Whats the smallest van im likley to need to get a half and half freidge/freezer, a 3 seater sofa and dismantled wardrobes in? Obviously not all at the same time, were only moving a short distance so makiong several trips isnt a problem

If it's not far and you can lay the fridge down (some fridges don't like it due to the internals) then a Transit, or similar, should suffice for that. Those things are like a TARDIS inside.

Caporegime
Azagoth said:
If it's not far and you can lay the fridge down (some fridges don't like it due to the internals) then a Transit, or similar, should suffice for that. Those things are like a TARDIS inside.
They are full of pokey old men, in holey jumpers and with silly scarves, that regenerate every now and again?

Back
Top Bottom