I just got branded a "sado" for drinking alone WTF??

Mat

Mat

Soldato
Nothing like a cold beer in your back garden after getting in from work...

I rarely drink these days anyway but I couldn't care less what people think about my drinking habits.

If someone calls me a sad-o for drinking alone, I would most likely agree...
"Yep, thats right...*chug*"

If it makes you feel good and its what you want to do then screw the rest of them.

/puts soap box away.

Caporegime
anewbe4u said:
I was joking fools!

Who's the idiot now? Huh?

I took a 60% chance you were joking, but it was missing a smilly and its really early, and I'm nursing a hangover from the bottle of scotch last night. ;)

Soldato
Nothing better than a glass of your favourite tipple now and again to wind down with, it's no different to eating some chocolates or having a cup of coffee.

Associate
D.P. said:
I took a 60% chance you were joking, but it was missing a smilly and its really early, and I'm nursing a hangover from the bottle of scotch last night. ;)

The question is where you drinking the scotch alone or not??? :p

Seriously though, drinking alone is fine I dont see what the difference is. :confused:

Soldato
monkai666 said:
If any of my friends call me a "sado" i'll make them pay for the insult by means of pain.

Next time you see him, punch him in the balls, give him some vodka to help the pain then leave the room and shout sado at him through the door to see how he likes it.

Are you serious?

Soldato
Gonzo0 said:
My mate on msn just branded me a sado for drinking, he ses its a "social thing".

Sado, as in sado-masochist. The guys who like leather, latex, chains and whips - he's obviously you inviting you for alcohol fuelled fun.

So all of a sudden theres a law stating you must drink with people.

Cool, your buddy is a judge...

*Carries on drinking beefeater gin and apple juice*

Saddo.

What are your views on this. Im pretty ****** off woth what he said :mad:

Why are you angry at being called a saddo unless you also agree that you are a saddo?

Associate
I don't drink myself stupid, but i sometimes prefer a cold couple of beers whilst relaxing, reading a book, watching a film - by myself.

I tend to find i drink different things when social drinking aswell, more spirits and wine.

Permabanned
I don't see anything strange about drinking some booze alone at all. What's wrong with having a few beers whilst watching a film or playing a game?

Does your mate drink coffee alone? Or does he have to be surrounded by people to consume caffeine like he does alcohol? ;)

Associate
anewbe4u said:
Didn't read any other posts in the thread so excuse me if I'm repeating someone.

You are sad and its even more sad that you'd get angry about what he said and post here.

Drinking should never be done alone, its dangerous.
You are joking right? drinking is only dangerous if you have a problem in the first place, in which case you should already be seeking help. I drink on my own sometimes because i actually "enjoy" a beer, i will drink when i go out because i still enjoy it, but i'm not the sort of person who drinks purely for the social aspect.

Smithy said:
I would question his friendship if I were in your shoes. Any person who calls me a "sado" needn't be my mate.

If you can't take a joke or comment like that from one of your friends then they should be glad you don't want to be their mate anymore! No need to be over sensitive.

Associate
Gonzo0 said:
For example i think £250 for a leeds ticket is a rip off whereas he thinks its a bargain :confused:
Haha! And he's calling YOU sad!
Pot, kettle and black are words that spring to mind. :D

I often have a drink of my favourite tipple at home, regardless if I have company or not.
I find it much more relaxing, especially after a stressful day, and the beer I can get from the off-license is much better than the tat at the pub tbh.

When I do go to the pub, its purely social, and I don't enjoy the drink as much as when I'm at home.

Am I a saddo? Probably, but I don't give a **** tbh. :cool:

Associate
I rarely drink on my own, but I'll sometimes have a beer or a nice glass of wine when I get home from work.

I'd call it a problem though if you're sitting at home getting ****** out of your tree every night. :p

Suspended
anewbe4u said:
I was joking fools!

Who's the idiot now? Huh?
Listen to me carefully. Being deliberately ambiguous and then laughing when other people take what you said the wrong way is NOT CLEVER. It is, in fact, the mark of monumental stupidity. This has been a public service announcement. Have a nice day.

Soldato
Gonzo0 said:
My mate on msn just branded me a sado for drinking, he ses its a "social thing". So all of a sudden theres a law stating you must drink with people.

*Carries on drinking beefeater gin and apple juice*

What are your views on this. Im pretty ****** off woth what he said :mad:

Your mate is too immature to realise that a lot of people drink for pleasure and not just to get wasted with their mates.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with drinking something you enjoy when you're by yourself. Sure, it might be a bit sad to get wasted by yourself, but not the odd drink.

Soldato
anewbe4u said:
Didn't read any other posts in the thread so excuse me if I'm repeating someone.

You are sad and its even more sad that you'd get angry about what he said and post here.

Drinking should never be done alone, its dangerous.

What an UTTER load of nonsense.

Drinking, whether alone or in company, is perfectly fine as long as it is done responsibly.

Go to any busy pub on a Saturday night and you'll see a large proportion of the people there absolutely bladdered, for want of a better term. Explain to me how people doing that every Friday and Saturday night is less dangerous than someone sitting at home with a film on having a couple of beers?

Back
Top Bottom