how can i get a 0845 number?

Permabanned
I keep hearing how anyone can get a 0845 number, i am actually looking right now into getting some flyers made for my business and i don't feel comfortable printing my home number on the flyer, i don't mind my mobile number on the flyer. So i was hoping to get a 0845 number, is 0845 free phone or is that 0800 or have they stopped doing that now?

If i was to get an 0845 number can i still keep my current home number?

you guys know anything about this?

Soldato
My advice would to sign up to a VoIP company. They'll sort you out an 0845 number in minutes. There are loads out there that can do it you'll just have to do some research as to which package suits.

I went with Vonage for mine, they are by no means the cheapest but it works and I've never once had a problem with them in 2+ years.

I'm sure someone might be able to recommend a cheaper alternative however.

Permabanned
OP
Hey guys

i just called http://www.planet-numbers.co.uk/

they said that the call rate now on 0845 numbers have been reduced to 2p per minute peak and 0.5p off peak. for their standard connection they charge £10 per month and £40 connection. 12 month minimum contract. They said i could pay £30 every quarter.

They have a gold edition that works at £50 per quarter, they can offer a discount on the connection prices but said they would have to find out how much discount they give.

I was browsing my sites a few weeks ago and i am sure i found some companies advertising 0845 numbers for £2-£3 per month which is much more in my budget. But now everywhere i look, all companies are stating from £9.50 per month, do you think i am mistaken by this £2 price per month?

i am looking to get a 0845 number for my online store not to be displayed on my store but instead on some flyers that i am planning on getting printed soon to help promote my store.

Really i would prefer to run a business only through email contact, but you can't really do that with such a small business, i mean look at COMPETITOR they are very big but they don't offer any phone numbers on their store. A business like mine a customer would want to contact, even though i think i could get back to them quicker and in finer detail by email.

Do you think to save money i should start by putting my home phone number on the flyer, i have 2 numbers the one i could put on the flyer is currently being used as a fax line, but i have disconnected my fax machine from the line as the machine always has problems with printing. I have not felt comfortable putting my own number on a flyer. But it's not like someone can locate exactly where you live, they can located the are from the area code but thats about it right?

If i do the above then when i have more money from business sales then i could opt for a 0845 number.

Then i was looking into the whole voip thing and don't understand that, thats how skype works right?

please i really hope you can answer my questions

many many thanks

No competitors

Zefan

Last edited:
Associate
Email me to the mail in trust....can sort you a 0845 for free.
Mods - this isn't spam, I don't have a telecoms company (I wish for the cash!) and I am not pimping for business.....!!

M.

Associate
Why not just setup up a Skype In number ?

I personally prefer to avoid calling any company with a 0845/0870 type number. I prefer normal landline numbers instead. But if you think the 0845 will be fine, thats your choice.

Associate
Sinizterguy said:
I personally prefer to avoid calling any company with a 0845/0870 type number. I prefer normal landline numbers instead. But if you think the 0845 will be fine, thats your choice.

An 0845 type number is handy to have as its only a redirected one, so if your landline number changes you just change the terminating number for the 0845.

Think of that in terms of the OP. He prints up 1000 leaflets with his landline number, for some reason the landline changes he now has a bunch of duff leaflets.

If there was an 0845 involved, change terminating number and the leaflets have a new lease of life, no more trees will be cut down to make more making all the hippies happy :D

Just my 2p anyway.....
M.

Associate
The OFCOM rules on 0845 and in fact all NGR numbers has changed recently.

Essentially they are trying to make people shift any profit making 08 numbers to the 09 range.

If you want a cost neutral simple NGR number, 0844 is actually the way to go.

The tariffs and profit share are different on all of these but 0844 is the easiest to put in a cost neutral situation.

Back
Top Bottom