Royal Mail Strikes for the Next Two Weeks

Soldato
rollins said:
Well, looks like I'll be crossing the picket line two more days.

Please remember that a LOT of people are crossing the picket line -

Just thought i would let you know mate that down here in Fort William we still have 100% support from the union members....only 2 work and they aint in union.

Caporegime
OP
Update:
  • Our International hub (HWDC) will be on official strike on from 19.00 on Monday 6th August till 19.00 on Tuesday 7th August. As a result, Royal Mail's international services, Airsure, International Signed For and Airmail will be subject to delays.
  • All Regional Distribution Centres (RDCs) and our Network drivers will be on official strike on from 12:00 noon Tuesday 7th August till 12:00 noon on Wednesday 8th August. There may be limited bulk mail collections, but these are likely to be earlier in the day than usual.
  • The following Mail Centres will be on official strike from 3am on Wednesday 8th August until 3am on Thursday 9th August: Gatwick; Reading and Dartford. Customers can continue to post items as usual on this day, but we recommend posting in Post Boxes only. There will be limited business collections in these areas on Wednesday August 8th.
  • The following Delivery Offices will be on official strike from 3am on Wednesday 8th August until 3am on Thursday 9th August: Crewe; Portsmouth; Gatwick; Reading; Truro; Swansea and Dartford. We regret there will be no delivery services in these areas on Wednesday 8th August. Collections will be limited to a single collection from Post Boxes outside of Post Offices, and may be earlier than the normal advertised times.
  • Parcelforce Worldwide's guaranteed services will remain unaffected.
  • Royal Mail's Branch Direct, Sameday and Door to Door services remain unaffected.
  • All other mail services will be subject to delay.

Soldato
postmanfw said:
Just thought i would let you know mate that down here in Fort William we still have 100% support from the union members....only 2 work and they aint in union.

I dont understand supporting them. They offer a service which everybody relies on and by striking are basically giving the customers a big FU! Its different if a production plant strikes,they are hurting the company directly but by not delivering post that has ALREADY been paid for they aint doing much are they? :confused:

Yes it will force people to use other couriers and quite frankly,people will probably stick with the other courier! The end result being that royal mail loose sales.......and that hurts the staff!!!!!!!!

Soldato
a quick question

I bought something from ebay on monday late night, the item has been depatched on tuesday morning. I still havent got it.

Refunds & Returns
If for any reason, you are not entirely satisfied with your item, please contact us. We will always strive to solve any issues you may have. We accept returns within seven days of the date of purchase.

If the item arrives on monday morning and it's faulty, if the seller refuse to refund, can i claim money from RM?

cheers

Soldato
wesley said:
a quick question

I bought something from ebay on monday late night, the item has been depatched on tuesday morning. I still havent got it.

If the item arrives on monday morning and it's faulty, if the seller refuse to refund, can i claim money from RM?

cheers

Not a hope in hell of claiming from RM, even on Special Delivery. RM have suspended any guarantees on trackable mail since the strikes have started.

If the item is faulty and the seller doesn't play ball then surely the guarantee would kick in?

Associate
I just got my first negative feedback on the famous auction site.

the buyer was blaming me for the late delivery.

thanks royal mail.

Permabanned
Gecco said:
I just got my first negative feedback on the famous auction site.

the buyer was blaming me for the late delivery.

thanks royal mail.

:( This is why I keep the buyer up-to-date with details of the transaction. I have 100% positive feedback on there with over 200 transactions and would be quite upset to spoil that with a negative!

Soldato
for ***** sake, i should have had a router (RMRD) on thursday last bloody week, and it still hasn't turned up, mabye if the buggers did they're job properly, and delivered the mail even romotely close to time they'd have a reason to strike

Soldato
Moses99p said:
got to love ignorant customers :rolleyes:

...as far as i know the only day they were on strike was thursday, which i accepted, but there was still 3 working days to have it delivered in. which is really un acceptable for 1st class mail, get your arses in gear you lazy gits

edit: and why is wanting your mail on time 'ignorant'

Caporegime
Gotta love royal mail, ordered an external HD from Ocuk last week and was supposed to get it sat morning special delivery. Even though i knew there was a chance it wouldnt come...anyways woke up early on sat morning and didnt get anything come through the post. I later checked the royal mail website tracking thing and it said that my package tried to be delivered but no one at home so they left a card. Now first of all i was up at 8am and there was no knock or doorbell...coupled with the fact that there was no card left.

Anyways i thought ill leave it till monday, ie today to sort it out. I wake up Sun morning and walk downstairs and find a red delivery card in my letter box...lo and behold it was royal mail saying they tried to deliver...funny thing is it said 8.50am but didnt have no date on it.

Couldnt help but laugh at the sheer ineptness of this so called Royal mail...they really havent a clue. First time ive ever had a problem with them i have to admit...usually they are spot on.

Soldato
Spawn said:
Gotta love royal mail, ordered an external HD from Ocuk last week and was supposed to get it sat morning special delivery. Even though i knew there was a chance it wouldnt come...anyways woke up early on sat morning and didnt get anything come through the post. I later checked the royal mail website tracking thing and it said that my package tried to be delivered but no one at home so they left a card. Now first of all i was up at 8am and there was no knock or doorbell...coupled with the fact that there was no card left.

Anyways i thought ill leave it till monday, ie today to sort it out. I wake up Sun morning and walk downstairs and find a red delivery card in my letter box...lo and behold it was royal mail saying they tried to deliver...funny thing is it said 8.50am but didnt have no date on it.

Couldnt help but laugh at the sheer ineptness of this so called Royal mail...they really havent a clue. First time ive ever had a problem with them i have to admit...usually they are spot on.

overclockers use citylink...

Commissario
bringerofdecay said:
...as far as i know the only day they were on strike was thursday, which i accepted, but there was still 3 working days to have it delivered in. which is really un acceptable for 1st class mail, get your arses in gear you lazy gits

edit: and why is wanting your mail on time 'ignorant'

The posties may only have been on strike one day, but the delivery drivers (who carry the mail from one depot to another) where on strike on a different day, and the sorting offices on a third day.

Back
Top Bottom