sexual harrasment etc. and double standards

Soldato
I was having a heated debate with a girl i know here, about equality and double standards and sexual harrasment etc. She says that men and women should be equal, and i say women would have to take a step down to be equal.

I was out for a beer a while ago, and there was a Hen night, and they had this inflatable man with the 'erect wedding vegetables' and they where prancing around having fun, going round every guy in the pub, trying to shove this inflatable lob-on down all the guys throats for a laugh, and no-one batted an eye lid!! i explained to my mate that if a man did that to every woman in the pub there would be carnage. i also explained that men have to take a leak into a 'trough' and that they dont get toilets half as nice as womans, and that if i woman is stuck for a leak in a pub/club they would go into the guys and use the stalls, she seemed to think this was fair, and didnt understand the riot this would cause if i dude marched into the womans to use them.

another shocking find was that there is no statute here in Australia for a woman getting done for rapeing a man. can you believe that?!?! a woman cant get charged here for 'forcing herself' onto a man.

she didnt seem to believe any of this ...

and i promised her that the good people of GD in OcUK would be only too happy to quote more examples...

bahh !!

:mad:

Permabanned
I'm suprised I don't hear the issue of woman-on-man rape touched on, but I don't understand how it's possible how it works like this

Male-on-female: Rape

Female-on-male: Suprise Sex and/or Christmas come early

Soldato
OP
churned said:
I'm suprised I don't hear the issue of woman-on-man rape touched on, but I don't understand how it's possible how it works like this

Male-on-female: Rape

Female-on-male: Suprise Sex and/or Christmas come early

i know it seems unlikey ... but no means no surely?

another point. its against the law to open a gym thats 'men only' but not 'women only'

grrrrr ...

Associate
Toryglen-boy said:
another point. its against the law to open a gym thats 'men only' but not 'women only'

On a similar note to that:

Back in London the gym my wife was a member of used to have weekly "Women Only" evenings, no males were allowed (obviously). Now, that's all well and good but the membership price was the same regardless of gender. Therefore there were four evenings a month where men weren't allowed, but still had to pay the amount as the women.

Never seemed very fair to me. :confused:

Soldato
OP
daveyj27 said:
On a similar note to that:

Back in London the gym my wife was a member of used to have weekly "Women Only" evenings, no males were allowed (obviously). Now, that's all well and good but the membership price was the same regardless of gender. Therefore there were four evenings a month where men weren't allowed, but still had to pay the amount as the women.

Never seemed very fair to me. :confused:

thats exactly the kind of thing i mean ... imagine if there was men only nights? would the woman be happy?

think not

Man of Honour
Toryglen-boy said:
another shocking find was that there is no statute here in Australia for a woman getting done for rapeing a man. can you believe that?!?! a woman cant get charged here for 'forcing herself' onto a man.

It isn't just Australia, in the UK (at least Scotland but I believe also for the rest of the UK) rape is an act that only a man can carry out so a female 'raping' a man is simply a sexual assault. There is no such thing as homosexual rape either, that would be a sexual assault also.

Soldato
OP
semi-pro waster said:
It isn't just Australia, in the UK (at least Scotland but I believe also for the rest of the UK) rape is an act that only a man can carry out so a female 'raping' a man is simply a sexual assault. There is no such thing as homosexual rape either, that would be a sexual assault also.

if woman want so called 'equality'

isnt it about time they shared the resposibility and consequences of it?

:confused:

Man of Honour
semi-pro waster said:

Nope - not for England and Wales. The Sexual Offences Act of 2003 explicitly laid down both of those crimes. Before that it was possible for a woman to be convicted of rape (Joyce McKinney anyone?) but very rare. I believe you are correct that male rape was treated at sexual assault. But so was forced anal penetration of a woman. That's because the older version of the definition of rape ONLY listed non-consensual penetration of the vagina with the penis.

M

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I_Am_Vengeance said:
Isn't the female to male ratio 3-1 in the UK?

In Sheffield/Nottingham maybe but not throughout the UK.

With me working in a Sex shop i get comments etc from women that if turned around from Man to Women i would be sacked or attacked by a husband.
Also the way women talk about sex & love games just would Not be accepted if two blokes were chatting the same within ear shot of women.
I have Never had a door held open for me no matter what i am carrying although i open doors for All men & women. Men if they are carrying & women because i like doing it.
I am old fashioned & like Lady's, unfortunately these days most women act like they have a Penis :(

Permabanned
Maybe the rape / harrassment angle is the way it is because if a man really didn't want to participate he could just throw the woman out of the way.

Where as the woman does not have overall control of the situation.

Unless were talking of a 500lb birtha.

Soldato
Didn't it used to be legal to rape ones wife?

I would say with regards to rape its pretty much a moot point... Because it does not happen very much, if at all, men are much better equipped to defend themselves, not to mention the fact that the man may not perform under preassure as it were, making men a less appealing target.

Its a power thing.

Most other things I see where you're coming from, but, it really all goes against the fact that women and men are not equal. Not by a long shot, treating both equally is not the answer.

Caporegime
johnnyfive said:
Maybe the rape / harrassment angle is the way it is because if a man really didn't want to participate he could just throw the woman out of the way.

erm, have you heard of drunken, or drugged rape. all you need is a brain, not 500lb of body weight.

women = gaining more advantages, becoming more "male" in their attitudes and actions (chavettes etc) yet still want to retain all of the privaliges which were previously afforded to the fairer sex..

Soldato
Not being funny either, and i in no way condone violence against women, but does the old addage of "You cant hit a woman" still apply? I have seen women in town going mental when they are hammered. I mean screaming banshee, punching, kicking, gouging etc. A friend of mine has got a nice big scar on his cheek due to some nutter black girl taking offence to his girlfriend and starting on her outside the club. He got between them and the black girl just went mental and came at him like a wild animal. It took 3 coppers to pull her off of him and she was literally attempting to blind him by scratching his eyes out. She was apparently released with a caution after she had sobered up/come down. Now he was told by the police officer that took his statement that if he had punched her to get her off of him he would likely have been arrested for assult... :rolleyes: Nice Equality eh?

Oh and wasnt there a story in the news a while back about a woman that went round dropping roofies into blokes drinks to get them to take her home to thiers, have sex then she would rob them...? I am pretty sure she only got done for the robbing not the rape.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
johnnyfive said:

So what about date rape? the date rape drug or pehaps the man could be drunk.

Also the law treats men and women different. Sentances for women are lighter and if children are in the equation women can escape a prison sentance.

Back
Top Bottom