sexual harrasment etc. and double standards

Permabanned
Skyline said:
Not being funny either, and i in no way condone violence against women, but does the old addage of "You cant hit a woman" still apply? I have seen women in town going mental when they are hammered. I mean screaming banshee, punching, kicking, gouging etc. A friend of mine has got a nice big scar on his cheek due to some nutter black girl taking offence to his girlfriend and starting on her outside the club. He got between them and the black girl just went mental and came at him like a wild animal. It took 3 coppers to pull her off of him and she was literally attempting to blind him by scratching his eyes out. She was apparently released with a caution after she had sobered up/come down. Now he was told by the police officer that took his statement that if he had punched her to get her off of him he would likely have been arrested for assult... :rolleyes: Nice Equality eh?

Oh and wasnt there a story in the news a while back about a woman that went round dropping roofies into blokes drinks to get them to take her home to thiers, have sex then she would rob them...? I am pretty sure she only got done for the robbing not the rape.

Ain't nobody above a whoooping. If I was getting beat down by a woman getting hurt I wouldn't think twice about pushing her with reasonable force or....whatever it takes to stop her.

A few slaps is fine, im talking about if I was getting punched in the face etc.

Caporegime
Women do not want equal rights. They want rights for women. This is the problem with the feminist movement. If it was about equality, I'm sure more could stomach it, but it isn't.

PJW

PJW

Associate
There’s lots of things its okay for women to do but not for men but it also works the other way round too.

I think reason behind why women seem to get away with more is that men are deemed more threatening to women than women are to men.
Double standards when it comes to men and women with regard to crime irritates me I do think women get off more lightly sometimes.

If these things really bother men this much then they must make more of a stand, women rave about gender equality all the time but I dont hear many men speaking out for their own gender.

Caporegime
"Personally, I hate sexual harassment laws. The original force behind them were disgruntled lesbians who felt they were not given the same opportunities - along with ugly women, who were jealous of pretty women who got all the breaks in the work force. My cause to action is simple, women are victims. They need special help. Look at the evolution of these sexual harassment laws. What we are really saying is, women really should qualify under the Federal Disablity Act. They are less able. They cannot cope with romance in the office. They cannot contend with having to do a job and have a man smile at them. It is too much. Look where we use to be, first quid pro quo, then hostile environment, and now Seinfeld episodes. Women can't take it; they bruise too easily. The laws are here to protect the weak and most vulnerable in society.
'She is woman, protect her!'"

-- Richard Fish (Ally McBeal)

Permabanned
Meridian said:
Nope - not for England and Wales. The Sexual Offences Act of 2003 explicitly laid down both of those crimes. Before that it was possible for a woman to be convicted of rape (Joyce McKinney anyone?) but very rare. I believe you are correct that male rape was treated at sexual assault. But so was forced anal penetration of a woman. That's because the older version of the definition of rape ONLY listed non-consensual penetration of the vagina with the penis.
To expand on that the only reason the offence of rape (s1) was kept in the 2003 act was for historical purposes. The s2 offence of Assault by penetration could include forced penile penetration, it doesn't only cos of the specific s1 offence. The two offences are written identically except for where in s1 it says "his penis" in s2 it says "a part of his* body or anything else"

Women convicted of rape are done so under the doctrine of Common Purpose which is a legal principle where by if a group set out to commit a crime and do so as a group. Then it doesnot matter who did the act they are all guilty of the offence.

* The use of his is historical, and does not exclude females.

Soldato
johnnyfive said:
Maybe the rape / harrassment angle is the way it is because if a man really didn't want to participate he could just throw the woman out of the way.
But that's not really an assumption the law should make. There are plenty of strong women and weak men. Sure it's not likely to happen, but it could.

Soldato
a lot of the points touched on here are true.
Women scream for equality from the roof tops, but its already a womans world, they just want more.

Dont get me wrong, im not against women in any way, but some of the treatment they get compared to men just annoys me.

Associate
platypus said:
Women do not want equal rights. They want rights for women. This is the problem with the feminist movement. If it was about equality, I'm sure more could stomach it, but it isn't.

Quoted for truth!

Take something simple and fairly non-controvertial - the example of holding open a door and letting a woman go through first....you get feminists arguing they're perfectly capable of opening the door themselves, thank you very much, and traditionalists having a go at you for not doing it. As the bloke, you can't win.

Sorry, you want equal rights, then for me if I'm in front of you in the queue, then you can wait your bleedin turn!

Women just want to have their cake and eat it. Sorry, no deal.

Caporegime
Psyk said:
But that's not really an assumption the law should make. There are plenty of strong women and weak men. Sure it's not likely to happen, but it could.

but thats it. part of the equality is first disguarding the belief that "women wouldnt do such a thing"

women can and do.

why not treat them equally then in this case? dont lower the tone of your voice, or pander to their will. if this behaviour stopped then maybe they would HAVE to become more reasonable in order to find a partner to procreate!

Capodecina
Permabanned
Toryglen-boy said:
thats exactly the kind of thing i mean ... imagine if there was men only nights? would the woman be happy?

think not

I sometimes drink at a working mens club where women aren't allowed in a quite substantial part of the bar :D

Women don't need to rape anyone though. They could easily go out and within 5 minutes get sex if they just bluntly asked people for it.

Soldato
What about at jobs where theres lifting involved?
Quite often at my old job i'd get told to do all the heavy lifting while the women there did naff all.
They want equality, then they should do the lifting as well!

Associate
johnnyfive said:
Ain't nobody above a whoooping. If I was getting beat down by a woman getting hurt I wouldn't think twice about pushing her with reasonable force or....whatever it takes to stop her.

A few slaps is fine, im talking about if I was getting punched in the face etc.

If a woman went mental and started attacking me, I would treat her the same as I would a man.

Push back with sufficient force or a nice hard punch on the face.

As long as you can justify your reaction youre safe. In this case, it would be in self defense. Just make sure your word it properly.

Soldato
“If you were on a sinking ship and yelled, "Women and children first!" how much feminist opposition do you think you'd get? . . . Women want to fight men for equal pay, but how often do they fight a man for the check? . . . And any man who questions a woman's physical capabilities gets branded a sexist -- but who do they call when there's a spider to be killed? Convenient feminism -- crackpot theory or dangerous lunacy?” - Bill Maher

Back
Top Bottom