Just ordered my first CD Deck Package :D

Permabanned
OP
:D

Well everything works. Sweet setup - am a bit rusty having not mixed for a good year or so. Will take a while to get used it all :)

I spent the first two hours trying to get the sound workig properly. I have a weird setup. Let me try and explain.

I have a Macbook Pro, which is my main computer I used all the time. I have C2D PC that i used for games. I have a set of very good Altec speakers that I used ages ago when I had my turntables.

I run a 3.5in stereo cable from the MBP and a SPDIF cable from the C2D PC into the same speakers. I probably shouldn't but have never had any problems.

Anyway - I tried plugging the mixer into the line in port on my MBP and could I get sound to come out? Could I buggery. Then I found a program that made it work by running a pass through, but there was a big delay making it hard to mix. So then I whacked my Soundblaster Audigy2 into the PC, and I got it working properly but now have no speakers connected my MBP cause I had to run the 3.5 cable through the Audigy. That prob makes no sense.

So basically now I Have to decide how to get it working. I need to get sound from 2 computers into one set of PC speakers while allowing me to run the mixer through the Macbook Pro.

So confused bout how to go bout it at the moment. Am tired aswell - will post around 2morrow to find out what I need.

Other then that - sweet stuff. Just need to make some mods to the flightcase so I can store all the plugs and stuff in the cable tidy bit at the back and then close the case.

Soldato
hmm having one pc makes it a lot easier :D

straight from my mixer into the line in on my sound, then back out to my 2.1 logi's not the best speakers to be using for decks but tight for space and sockets, so cba with an amp and speakers atm

Permabanned
OP
Caged said:
Can't you just dump the MacBook output into one of the line channels on the mixer?

Don't see how that would work?

I couldn't get it working with the onboard sound on the motherboard on the PC either, but think thats cause I was using SPDIF as the output. Once I put the Audigy2 in, had the speakers running off the green 3.5mm speaker jack on it, and fed the audio from the mixer into the Line In on the Audigy2, everything worked sweet. Thats how I used to do it with my turntables.

Seems my MBP doesn't do a passthru by default. Someone elsewhere has suggested trying Garageband so I'm gonna give it ago - but I don't hold much hope as I am sure its going give some sort of delay. I think im going to either have to buy new speakers, or some kind of go between between speakers and computers.

Will get some pics over the weekend :)

Soldato
:O

Spent all that money and your going to be running it through you
computer and their speakers?

Just get yourself a cheap amp and some monitors or some active monitors

Andy

Soldato
Caged said:
Can't you just dump the MacBook output into one of the line channels on the mixer?

This is what i would do and i'd probably have the pc running through the mixer as well just to make everything neat and tidy (and allowing the option of using something like ableton) although you wouldn't be able to use the spdif connection

Permabanned
OP
-=BAF=-AXE said:
:O

Spent all that money and your going to be running it through you
computer and their speakers?

Just get yourself a cheap amp and some monitors or some active monitors

Andy

The speakers on my computer are god like. Not some cheap crap.

Permabanned
OP
4xksj9f.jpg

Right I think this is what It needs to look like. I am going to hazard a guess and say that my mixer (DJM-600) is able to output to 2 sources at once? The "out" ports were Master, Booth and then two seperated on the bottom row called "Rec". Can someone confirm this?

So If i get something that can split the audio by a switch or something so I can switch between what I am using at any one time - something that gives no delay. Then through the secondary connection (the blue line to my Macbook), that can record what I am playing - and it wouldn't matter if there was a delay because I wouldn't be actually hearing what is recorded.

So - what can I buy to fit the "Audio Splitting Device" box? :)

Soldato
You can output to 3 Sources i have the same set up:

Master - This goes to big amp large speakers
Booth - This goes to 2nd amp monitors
REC - This goes to line in on external sound card.

Andy

Permabanned
OP
Ok.

So If I buy some audio splitting device that allows me to plug the 3 audio sources in and then select which one to play out I should be laughin right?

Back
Top Bottom