What is the BEST book you have ever read?

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time

A Child Called It (and the other two books) really harrowing book...well written and shocking it is a real life story :(

BB x

Soldato
Probably the Otherland series by Tad Williams, but the Liveship Traders trilogy by Robin Hobb would also get a look in.

All depends on your definition of best though as to what I'd choose :p
Those are just the ones which 100% stand out from the rest- Not necessarily the best writing (Either Tolkien or Asimov, I can never decide that one!), but are totally unique.

-Leezer-

Caporegime
The Damage Done by Warren Fellows
The Straw Men by Michael Marshall (Smith)
Bringing Down the House by Ben Mezrich

I honestly couldn't pick between the 3 of them, all completely different too :p

BrightonBelle said:
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time
Reading that at the moment, and whilst it is clearly a good book and a great concept I just can't see what all the hype was about. He's definitely done a good job of characterising Autism without coming off as pretentious, but as a book and story, other than its concept of being a book about a boy writing a book who's autistic I fail to see why it's recieved hype. It's the book version of movies made to please Oscar judges (Syriana, Traffic, Lost in Translation etc..)

Of course, it's each to their own and opinions. It's still a lot better than a lot of the crap I've read in the past.

If the thread was worst book that would be easy. Zanzibar by Giles Foden. To think he wrote Last King of Scotland baffles me.

Last edited:
Associate
Im really not into reading, but out of the few I have read "Decipher" by Stel Pavlou was a great book for me. Loaded with detail and facts (which were nicely integrated into the fantasy of the book) Characters weren't strong but that wasn't what the book was about and I didn't find it a problem.

Back
Top Bottom