Decorating With A Fps Twist .

Caporegime
Well ive come up with the idea to decorate my young lads room but with a difference.Basically im thinking of doing it in a fps style (cause he plays em all day :p )theme .Ive been doing drawings of what im thinking of doing but like any good ideas things start snow balling into larger things.
up to yet i was going to do the four walls in a main action scenes from a big fps games like cs or doom3 but not set in stone . What programs that are cheap or free let you print out the required size (screenshot of game to size of wall)making it easier for me to draw ,recreate the scene .
Also any good ideas would be helpful.like which game etc would look cool or anything really.

Soldato
I'm can't really give much help, but I know that printing out a screenshot of a game is going to be tiny. If you manage to scale it up it'll be pixelated to the extremes.

I've heard Raserbator(?) mentioned on the forums a few times, which basically creates a sort of vector version of your image, if I'm correct?

Great idea though! Good luck with it.

[edit]
knowledge123 said:
Beat me to it!

Caporegime
OP
which 4 scenes to use 1 is deffo doom3 with chainsaw not made mind up about any others though yet. which would you use. more dynamic action the better.

Associate
Depending on the size of room, you could print a screen grab onto acetate and project onto a white wall with an overhead projector and then trace. I don't know if you have access to an OHP, but maybe if you are well in at your kid's school you could sort something out ...some mutual backscratching perhaps.

Soldato
scousey said:
Depending on the size of room, you could print a screen grab onto acetate and project onto a white wall with an overhead projector and then trace. I don't know if you have access to an OHP, but maybe if you are well in at your kid's school you could sort something out ...some mutual backscratching perhaps.

That would be best you could create an amazing picture.

It's how many murals are done. Just draw a small pic and project it. In your case get a screen grab and print it onto acetate.

rasterbator won't look that great and for a whole wall would use A LOT of ink.

Soldato
currently doing a rasterbated poster of a scene from 300, 25 bits of a4, got them all printed (i thinks i need some more ink......) went to set the poster up but have hit a couple of snags.

-i used cheapy paper which is curling up
-i didnt set print quality high enough
-the blade broke in my guillotine so i cant remove the edges

:(

i will try again though, perhaps with a different pic...

Back
Top Bottom