Ha my first car...

Soldato
kurtoski06 said:
Lol yea but i thought well if i get a GTI then i can have a nice dumpvalve on it and i can kill all of the little corsa boys lol, plus i make like 150 a week and i live with my parents so cost isnt that much. lol
Well that sounds like a well thought out reason to splash out nearly half your monthly income insuring a car that costs 6 weeks wages :p

Man of Honour
kurtoski06 said:
Lol yea but i thought well if i get a GTI then i can have a nice dumpvalve on it and i can kill all of the little corsa boys lol

Are you for real?

Do you know what a dumpvalve is?

Soldato
kurtoski06 said:
Lol yea but i thought well if i get a GTI then i can have a nice dumpvalve on it and i can kill all of the little corsa boys lol, plus i make like 150 a week and i live with my parents so cost isnt that much. lol

Correct me if I'm wrong, but surely a mkII Golf GTI isn't turbocharged?

So you can't, in fact, put a dump valve on it?

Soldato
Woohoo, I've been waiting for a thread like this for ages :D

Yes, for a dump valve to work on a NASP engine you do infact need an induction kit. Also, I've heard that uprating the spark plugs to iridium ones on the deisel model can give up to 50% gains :o

Soldato
kurtoski06 said:

Quote of the century! Legend :D

Man of Honour
kurtoski06 said:
Yea if im right to think that it dumps all of the air in your turbo hence making hiss when you change gear. but you need a induction kit first.?!
You need a turbocharger. A MkII Golf won't have a turbocharger unless it has had a 1.8 20vT conversion. Even then, an atmospheric dump valve is a bad idea as the engine runs crap with one - it works best with a recirculation valve.

MkII Golf GTIs were fast in their day 20 years ago but now they're no quicker than the average family hatchback.

Soldato
kurtoski06 said:
Lol yea but i thought well if i get a GTI then i can have a nice dumpvalve on it and i can kill all of the little corsa boys lol,

Love it, yeah you need a turbo first mate, selotaping a dump valve in the bay aint gonna do nothing! I'd just like to add how much i enjoyed playing with a mk2 golf gti on the A36 in my DIESEL 306,i quite happily pulled away from him. Admittedly it was an 8v but even so, its not a rocket ship.

If you've got three grand ot spend on insurance, grab yourself a saxo vts or a 106 rallye.

Back
Top Bottom