Company Logo opinions

Soldato
the time has come to get a proper logo for my company. So far I have come up with this:

I really like the simplicity. We make glasses for opticians but I just wanted a nice plain design.

Opinions are greatly appreciated.

Soldato
OP
The curvature was by design as it reminded me of the aim of the business when making glasses ie/ smooth and accurate.

No other real candidates, I just took my time to get it right, but if the concensus is that its not up to much, I'll go back to the drawing board. thanks for the comment.

Associate
I like the image underneath but don't like the font very much.

Not sure what advice to offer for the font really but maybe something slightly bolder I think personally. :)

Soldato
The three wavy lines under the logotype hint at something blurred, indistinct, unfocussed.

This is probably not the sort of thing a precision optics business should be hinting at... ;)

The logotype font's not bad; a safe choice.

Last edited:
Associate
simisker said:
The three wavy lines under the logotype hint at something blurred, indistinct, unfocussed.

This is probably not the sort of thing a precision optics business should be hinting at... ;)

I didn't think of it like that. SpeedFreak, perhaps you could make a version which has those two grey/smoky lines in a stronger, darker grey. Or even a black which matchs the text colour.

Soldato
OP
PlatinumFX said:
I didn't think of it like that. SpeedFreak, perhaps you could make a version which has those two grey/smoky lines in a stronger, darker grey. Or even a black which matchs the text colour.
It is going on a coloured backing, not white, let me see what I can do

Soldato
Quick job on the typography just to give you ideas (?)

EDIT: yeah, looking at it for a bit longer. Just doesn't work

Last edited:
Soldato
Nah, the font - a variant of Optima, looking at it - is perfectly fine [though not exactly underused]. The flared caps give it a serif-y informal-but-not-too-informal vibe, at a slight cost of conveying precision [which sounds like it doesn't matter anyway ;)]

If you want to give more of an air of sophistication, confidence and 'class', try increasing the letter spacing.

EDIT: Good lords, no - the Optima was better.

Caporegime
Nexy said:
Did no-one notice it looks like a penis ejaculating over a woman?

Lol

Oh yeah!

OP - I like that logo a lot. It doesn't say inaccurate / wavy / blurry to me. It says we make blurry things sharper ;). Agree on the font thing but it just needs a bit of fine-tuning imo.

Back
Top Bottom